The Student Room Group

How many students will get their grades upped from their grade on the 13th of Aug?

Pure speculation. Give a %. Or if you know things we don't, then tell us :smile:

Edit: For the 500,000 students that get their BTEC results back next week. They can't be downgraded, so it's either the same or upped.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jgiff7
Pure speculation. Give a %. Or if you know things we don't, then tell us :smile:

im confused
grade upped from what? last year? predicted??
for what?
Reply 3
Original post by vix.xvi
im confused
grade upped from what? last year? predicted??

The ones we got on the 13th
Reply 4
Original post by royalty1702
for what?

The results we got given on the 13th
Do stats on the number of grades downgraded exist for BTECs? If so, it'll just be that percent again. (grades will only be increased up to CAGs so if their CAGs were the same nothing will happen)
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx
Do stats on the number of grades downgraded exist for BTECs? If so, it'll just be that percent again. (grades will only be increased up to CAGs so if their CAGs were the same nothing will happen)

What are CAGs?
Original post by jgiff7
What are CAGs?

centre assessed grades, the estimates teachers put down for everyone. (most of which are the same or higher than the calculated grades) You will receive the best grade out of that grade and the calculated grade you have already received.
Reply 8
Original post by _gcx
centre assessed grades, the estimates teachers put down for everyone. (most of which are the same or higher than the calculated grades) You will receive the best grade out of that grade and the calculated grade you have already received.

So my teachers predicted me a Distinction for Units 1 and 2, but the calculated grade came back as 2 merits (which I thought was harsh). Am I likely to receive 2 Distinctions next week?
Original post by jgiff7
So my teachers predicted me a Distinction for Units 1 and 2, but the calculated grade came back as 2 merits (which I thought was harsh). Am I likely to receive 2 Distinctions next week?

If they sent off 2 distinctions for those units to the exam board, then yes you will receive 2 distinctions next week.

Quick Reply