Vinilla
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
For my a levels I chose eng lit but I have no idea how to study or revise it I researched on my sixth form website and they said we will learn
1) Pre-1900 drama and poetry
2) Comparative and contextual study
Eg, Gothic texts
3) Non-examined component

Does anyone have advice on how to prepare and how to revise or what books I could read?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You could watch the drama or read the poetry or script for it and texts so you can get used to the characters, events and lines
Hyperbolit
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Vinilla)
For my a levels I chose eng lit but I have no idea how to study or revise it I researched on my sixth form website and they said we will learn
1) Pre-1900 drama and poetry
2) Comparative and contextual study
Eg, Gothic texts
3) Non-examined component

Does anyone have advice on how to prepare and how to revise or what books I could read?
Hi there, which exam board is your school using? Depending on whether you're doing AQA/Edexcel/others, I think the text selection could differ. For general reading recommendations though, I'd say any Shakespeare, Marlowe (Doctor Faustus) and Webster (Duchess of Malfi) are all good pre-1900 drama texts. For poetry, you can read the Victorians (Tennyson, Rossetti, Browning etc) and Romantics (Wordsworth, Coleridge, Keats etc). As for Gothic works, have you read 'Frankenstein' or 'The Picture of Dorian Gray'? Could start with those if not. Hope this helps!
Vinilla
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Hyperbolit)
Hi there, which exam board is your school using? Depending on whether you're doing AQA/Edexcel/others, I think the text selection could differ. For general reading recommendations though, I'd say any Shakespeare, Marlowe (Doctor Faustus) and Webster (Duchess of Malfi) are all good pre-1900 drama texts. For poetry, you can read the Victorians (Tennyson, Rossetti, Browning etc) and Romantics (Wordsworth, Coleridge, Keats etc). As for Gothic works, have you read 'Frankenstein' or 'The Picture of Dorian Gray'? Could start with those if not. Hope this helps!
Thanks my school is doing OCR
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (809)
42.27%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.49%

Watched Threads