Joe Biden vs Donald Trump-2020 Presidential Election

Watch
Anisha23456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What are all opinions?

Currently,Biden is in the lead but the last few days Trump's vote have gone up.

What do you all reckon, who's gonna win?
georgeparapet
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I pray to god that Trump wins. America's ****ed under Biden and Harris.
caravaggio2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Too soon to call. Watching some peoples confidence is like watching somebody with amnesia.

https://youtu.be/g0fA7inVhTs Who could forget Ann Coulter being mocked?

This young man, Gray Winsler, was one of the very few people 10 months out from the last election that predicted it spot on.
What's more Trump won for all the reasons Winsler said he would, so I'm waiting to see his prediction this time round.

https://youtu.be/TrZK1T0vuBs?t=468
Last edited by caravaggio2; 3 weeks ago
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Being discussed now on Triggernometry. https://youtu.be/1M41Rl89X1g
Anisha23456789
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I think it is very hard to predict who is gonna win.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Christ knows, American politics is a sh*tshow. Everything points to a safer Trump loss than last time, but look how that turned out.

If I was betting on the outcome, I'd go Biden, he's a less flawed and better liked candidate than Hillary and has a proven track record of generating higher voter turnouts than his competitors. Trump may have established a cult of personality with exceptionally passionate supporters, but there weren't enough of them to win the popular vote last time and the signs point to him having lost more supporters than he's gained in that time, especially over recent months.

But it would not be a comfortable bet.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't want to support Biden or hope that he wins...

But in a 2 horse race, I don't feel there is a choice. Trump hasn't worked, and as much as the direction the democrats are going in worries me, trump has shown himself to be entirely unfit to govern, and his party has no ability to control him or reign him in.

I don't see the situation as being the same as it was 4 years ago. Then trump was against a really unpopular individual who was incredibly uninspiring and didn't get democrats out of their homes, partly because many never expected to loose..

This time hes against Biden, who is certainly not hated anywhere near as much as hillary was, and while I don't think he is that inspiring, Harris is a great elctable pick as his VP, and the massive shift in motivation for democrats is that this time they know they can loose.. and they know what happens if they do - they won't be taking anything for granted this time. The other thing for Biden, is that he is the definiton of 'safe' and not scary... in uncertain times, I think people will go to the safe pare of hands, not the risky trump. Biden is like a warm blanket after a difficult day.. Hes the perfect guy for an election in the corona virus times...
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anisha23456789)
What are all opinions?

Not really much evidence of this. Trump has recovered a little bit from his low point in early-mid July, but Biden has improved slightly as well, and the gap is about the same as it's been since the George Floyd protests started, with Biden leading by about 8-10 points.
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anisha23456789)
What are all opinions?

What do you all reckon, who's gonna win?
Donald Trump. The last 3 Presidents all managed to win a second term.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by georgeparapet)
I pray to god that Trump wins. America's ****ed under Biden and Harris.
America is ****ed right now. Divided. Economy tanked. Covid ravaged. And all they have is an egomaniac who is very good at saying "Make America great again"
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
4 of the 5 before that did not, however (well, technically you could say 5 of the 6, but that includes JFK). Indeed, during the entire Cold War, the only US President two serve to full terms was Reagan.
Last edited by anarchism101; 3 weeks ago
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
None of them were quite so divisive, odious and incompetent as this one though.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Trumps mail in voter conspiracy is a brilliant move by him (for him), but its going to be a disaster for the republican party.
georgeparapet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
America is ****ed right now. Divided. Economy tanked. Covid ravaged. And all they have is an egomaniac who is very good at saying "Make America great again"
That egomaniac brought the economy up to the highest it's ever been in the past 50 years. You can't fault him for the pandemic worsening things or make out like it's his fault. Face it, America's far safer in the hands of Trump than the Lefties who control Biden and Harris.

And divided? You're seriously gonna go there?? These rioters and looters under the name of BLM which coincidentally pop up every election year have caused more division than they've helped the black community. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Last edited by georgeparapet; 3 weeks ago
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That egomaniac brought the economy up to the highest it's ever been in the past 50 years. You can't fault him for the pandemic worsening things or make out like it's his fault.
So Trump must be given the credit for everything good but be absolved of blame for anything bad?

And divided? You're seriously gonna go there?? These rioters and looters under the name of BLM which coincidentally pop up every election year have caused more division than they've helped the black community. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Not really. Polling actually shows broad and sizable majority support for BLM. Indeed, it's possibly the most popular protest movement in US history. There is, at some level, a partisan divide over it, but it's only because the 2-party system is such second nature to most Americans that many mistakenly project partisan divides as representing broader divides.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
None of them were quite so divisive, odious and incompetent as this one though.
"odious" - Describes the Orange One perfectly!
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That egomaniac brought the economy up to the highest it's ever been in the past 50 years.
Of course he did. He gave tax cuts to the wealthy. Anyone can do that. No doubt he planned to pump up the economy to the point that it crashed just after he left office.

The other take might be that politicians have little influence over the economy but simply claim that they improved the economy whilst things are good and are blamed for poorly performing economies.
SouthBridge24
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got the previous US Election right, Brexit right, past 2 UK elections right (the ones where I was predicting) and I shall now say Donald J Trump shall win the 2020 US Elections!
Kitten in boots
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Face it, America's far safer in the hands of Trump than the Lefties who control Biden and Harris.
Using teargas to clear peaceful protesters so that the president can have a photo op may be music to the ears of emasculated alt-right bed wetters, but those of us who believe in liberal democratic values and know enough history to spot an authoritarian a mile off are deeply concerned.
georgeparapet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
Using teargas to clear peaceful protesters so that the president can have a photo op may be music to the ears of emasculated alt-right bed wetters, but those of us who believe in liberal democratic values and know enough history to spot an authoritarian a mile off are deeply concerned.
Spot an authoritarian, have you seen those videos of protesters screaming at people to raise their fists with them? That's authoritarianism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.24%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.66%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (126)
36.63%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (35)
10.17%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.52%

Watched Threads