Help For Weight Loss *please*

Watch
An0nym0us8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I just want to start off by saying I'm a 16 years old female who is 5'8", i weigh around 220lbs and want to lose weight. Although I'm obese, i don't look as big as i actually am but regardless, I'm still unhealthy and bigger than people who are my age and height.
I have tried many diets and none of them seem to work (i have binge eating disorder so every time i start a diet, it goes well the first couple of days and then i slip back into old habits but I'm trying my best).
However, i have researched about the egg diet (you only eat eggs and nothing else. I want to also include syrup oats because ik i wouldn't be able to do it by just eating eggs) and i really want to do it.
Like i said before, I'm not as big as i look but i still have quite a big belly (not as large as other people my weight) so i was just wondering if i would get loose skin??
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to get help for your BED for you to safely lose weight. Speak to your GP. Fad diets are inappropriate.
Mike Ikladios
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by An0nym0us8)
Hi,
I just want to start off by saying I'm a 16 years old female who is 5'8", i weigh around 220lbs and want to lose weight. Although I'm obese, i don't look as big as i actually am but regardless, I'm still unhealthy and bigger than people who are my age and height.
I have tried many diets and none of them seem to work (i have binge eating disorder so every time i start a diet, it goes well the first couple of days and then i slip back into old habits but I'm trying my best).
However, i have researched about the egg diet (you only eat eggs and nothing else. I want to also include syrup oats because ik i wouldn't be able to do it by just eating eggs) and i really want to do it.
Like i said before, I'm not as big as i look but i still have quite a big belly (not as large as other people my weight) so i was just wondering if i would get loose skin??
Have a look at Intermittent Fasting, research it and see if it would be suitable for you.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Egg diets? That's probably the most stupidest thing I've heard. You need to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight, so if you have access to the gym, I'd recommend some steady state cardio (to start off) and then move over to HIIT.

In terms of diet, don't restrict yourself in what you eat but limit your portion size. You still need to enjoy what you eat else you won't stick with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
23.4%
No (72)
76.6%

Watched Threads