Teaganf01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I’m buying all my stuff for university now and I was just wondering what kind of thing girls wear to go out in Exeter?

I’m from the North West so was just wondering how or if it’s different?
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a girl, but I don't think it'll differ greatly from nights out in the north west. Exeter gets a lot of the Home Counties posh types so probably some more conservative than others.

Also don't see clubbing getting back to normal before March/April next year anyways..
Last edited by TJ1997; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Teaganf01)
Hi,

I’m buying all my stuff for university now and I was just wondering what kind of thing girls wear to go out in Exeter?

Quite a lot of private school kids so I suspect dressed up. Saying that I'm sure there are girls who like to be themselves and not feel they have to go over the top.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Main difference you'll find about 'going out' is that at Uni clothing tends to be more relaxed/less dressy, and down south they don't wear really heavy make-up - 'scouse brows' and wearing orange make-up will make you stand out for all the wrong reasons.

Here is the Unis own guide to the nightlife : https://www.exeter.ac.uk/thesouthwes...feandgoingout/ Look up some of the venues for their own websites. Just remember that this is Exeter, and not London. None of it is wildly sophisticated.
InTheDark666
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a dress?
MS0106
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Congrats on your Uni placeI would suggest buy what you feel comfortable in. Buy a few nice dresses and bags. A lot of girls are from private schooling -and from what I know keep to simple makeup. You can always buy more once you're there and know what others wear.
Last edited by MS0106; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Clubs are closed because of COVID.
angelinahx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lmao wear whatever you want. want to wear a blue lace bra and flared mom jeans? wear a blue lace bra and flared mom jeans. want to wear a white flowery dress? wear a white flowery dress. want to wear a sexy slutty dress? wear a sexy slutty dress.

wear what you want instead of trying to emulate someone's elses style lmfao
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's no different here to North West haha.
Just wear what you like
Teaganf01
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelinahx)
lmao wear whatever you want. want to wear a blue lace bra and flared mom jeans? wear a blue lace bra and flared mom jeans. want to wear a white flowery dress? wear a white flowery dress. want to wear a sexy slutty dress? wear a sexy slutty dress.

wear what you want instead of trying to emulate someone's elses style lmfao
I’m not trying to emulate other people’s styles, it’s more so not wanting to stand out for the wrong reasons.
Teaganf01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Pubs aren’t
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Pubs aren’t
But this thread is about clubbing
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Nothing out of the ordinary.

If you’re not sure, don’t go for threadbare clothes or crazy dress up stuff. I mean you can but if you’re hesitant play it safe to start with.

Just shorts/ flare leggings and crop tops or mini skirts and fun tops. Go for low wedges or platform trainers rather than stilettos or super high heels.

Makeup not tacky but a pop of something fun like glitter liner or bright lipstick.

Due to social distancing go for comfy and less try hard as there will be more standing around probably
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Wrong.
https://www.zincclubs.co.uk/exeter/welcome-back
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, it's been turned into a socially distanced bar and their dance floor is closed...?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
Yeah, it's been turned into a socially distanced bar and their dance floor is closed...?
Exactly
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m not trying to emulate other people’s styles, it’s more so not wanting to stand out for the wrong reasons.
Lmaooooo
This is why i didn't even go to uni. A bunch of clowns stressing about fitting in instead of being themselves authentically. Find your OWN style. What YOU like to wear. I wear orange eyeshadow and a mauve lip and I get compliments from everyone, guys approach me even though I'm not doing the standard-baddie makeup look with lashes. I wear whatever I think looks good. If I want to wear a rastafari bracelet with a red dress and no makeup I will. Also what's wrong with sticking out? Learn to be confident in yourself, being like everyone else is boring
Teaganf01
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelinahx)
Lmaooooo
This is why i didn't even go to uni. A bunch of clowns stressing about fitting in instead of being themselves authentically. Find your OWN style. What YOU like to wear. I wear orange eyeshadow and a mauve lip and I get compliments from everyone, guys approach me even though I'm not doing the standard-baddie makeup look with lashes. I wear whatever I think looks good. If I want to wear a rastafari bracelet with a red dress and no makeup I will. Also what's wrong with sticking out? Learn to be confident in yourself, being like everyone else is boring
I’m sure you didn’t actually mean to sound that arrogant and self absorbed right? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you was actually trying to be helpful instead of so judgmental, after all this app is for those looking for help. Not sure if you’re aware of that lol.

I didn’t say I didn’t want to stand out or had anytbing against standing out, I just said I didn’t want to for the wrong reasons as I’m sure most people wouldn’t want to either. I have no idea why you’re so pressed about me trying to prepare so I’m not under/over dressed, but please feel free to go on another rant to show how conceited you are about your fashion sense. You do you
Last edited by Teaganf01; 1 month ago
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sure you didn’t actually mean to sound that arrogant and self absorbed right? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you was actually trying to be helpful instead of so judgmental, after all this app is for those looking for help. Not sure if you’re aware of that lol.

I didn’t say I didn’t want to stand out or had anytbing against standing out, I just said I didn’t want to for the wrong reasons as I’m sure most people wouldn’t want to either. I have no idea why you’re so pressed about me trying to prepare so I’m not under/over dressed, but please feel free to go on another rant to show how conceited you are about your fashion sense. You do you
No I'm saying stop trying to fit in. I only gave myself as an example saying even if you do not dress like everybody else, nobody cares and you can still be attractive. Therefore find your own fashion style and what you like to wear, but this is something which will come as you mature because I used to think like you.
Miaxoxo_101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Makeup wise you could try something like this for your lashes https://youtu.be/pGuDSWChZ-A
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (178)
28.48%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.28%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.16%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.92%
Other things โ€“ I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.2%

Watched Threads