jaffacakehero
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I have no clue what to do. I really need to get a job as a healthcare assistant. Unfortuanately to get a job as a healthcare assistant you need 6 months experience of being one. I applied to be a NHSP care support worker. It all seemed well until they asked for experience which I can't provide.

what do I do ???
Versions
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The NHS I believe receives up to 100 applications per HCA job advert, making it very competitive.

What’s your work experience to date?

Look into HCA/Support worker roles in the private sector in care homes, agencies, charities etc. Google HCA or support worker jobs in the area you’re looking to work. Some jobs state no experience is needed as they will train you.

Alternatively look into voluntary work if you still struggle securing a job, and build upon your experience until you get paid work. I know it can be tricky to get your foot in the door. Best of luck.
thandekab
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Look at nursing homes or community band 2 NHS posts big hospitals will often ask for experience but smaller community hospitals tend not to
jaffacakehero
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by thandekab)
Look at nursing homes or community band 2 NHS posts big hospitals will often ask for experience but smaller community hospitals tend not to
Thanks
I'll take a look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.91%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.82%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.18%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.45%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.36%

Watched Threads