The Student Room Group

UCAS Contextual Offer

If my parents are split and my mothers address isn’t eligible for a conditional offer but my fathers is can I use my fathers?
Original post by Anonymous
If my parents are split and my mothers address isn’t eligible for a conditional offer but my fathers is can I use my fathers?

gonna be honest i have no idea, i would have thought it would be whichever household you spent the most time in. that being said i would just put your fathers address, why should you disadvantage yourself when you have the option not to. Surely its just the same as a rich private kid paying for a tonne of tutoring for their exams
Reply 2
gonna be honest i have no idea, i would have thought it would be whichever household you spent the most time in. that being said i would just put your fathers address, why should you disadvantage yourself when you have the option not to. Surely its just the same as a rich private kid paying for a **** tonne of tutoring for their exams

I’m just so confused as there isn’t a lot of Ts&Cs on the website. I don’t want to be lying to them but it only seems fair to me, however before doing so I would like some clarity.
Be careful. If you deliberately lie on your UCAS application, its fraud.
If you get found out, your application may be cancelled

However, if you do literally spend half you time living/sleeping (not just dropping in) at your father's address, yes you could use that address. Just don't lie.
I would for sure.
Original post by Hyde69
I would for sure.

If it isnt true, the school will spot it when adding the reference.
And telling lies isn't worth it.
No one would question you if you put your fathers address down, and even if they did you could just say you spend more time there and they would drop it
It’s not like putting a grandparents’ house. Who says which parents’ address should be used. Assuming your dad lives local and you stay over there, then I would. In case you don’t already know, Bristol and Southampton give contextuals based on just school and do not need a second thing.
Original post by Hyde69
It’s not like putting a grandparents’ house. Who says which parents’ address should be used. Assuming your dad lives local and you stay over there, then I would. In case you don’t already know, Bristol and Southampton give contextuals based on just school and do not need a second thing.

For clarification - BOTH Bristol and Southampton ward contextual places on either school OR home postcodes :
Bristol http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/contextual-offers/
Southampton https://www.southampton.ac.uk/studentadmin/admissions/admissions-policies/contextual-admissions.page

Very good question tbh! Probably the address you’re at the most. Or the one that you’re school have on record, or whichever you used to make things like a debit card, National insurance no, register to vote, etc. Your ‘main’ address.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest