Crimson7777777
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm about to go into my second year of college, and I am studying A-Level AQA Psychology. The third paper consists of Issues and Debates, and the three options that we have chosen.

From what my college have done in the past, it largely seems up to students to decide which modules we do (usually as a group decision). I also face the issue of having a new psychology teacher for second year who has never taught there before.

I am worried in case this teacher is not very good, so would seek to teach myself the content. If this becomes the case, which 3 modules are easiest or the simplest to learn by myself?

Relationships
Schizophrenia
Eating Behaviour
Stress
Aggression
Forensic Psychology
Addiction
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Crimson7777777)
So I'm about to go into my second year of college, and I am studying A-Level AQA Psychology. The third paper consists of Issues and Debates, and the three options that we have chosen.

From what my college have done in the past, it largely seems up to students to decide which modules we do (usually as a group decision). I also face the issue of having a new psychology teacher for second year who has never taught there before.

I am worried in case this teacher is not very good, so would seek to teach myself the content. If this becomes the case, which 3 modules are easiest or the simplest to learn by myself?

Relationships
Schizophrenia
Eating Behaviour
Stress
Aggression
Forensic Psychology
Addiction
hi
I did cognition and development, forensic psychology and schizophrenia as my options. I found them all really interesting to do although schizophrenia is slightly complicated in terms of the biological explanation so if you choose this topic make sure you fully understand it.
sophspark
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We did schiz, Forensics and relationships.
Schizophrenia was very interesting to me and quite short as i remember as was forensics which we didnt get ti finish due to covid. Relationships was very long topic that requires sm attention. Tbh Id say the ones that interest you the most is what you’ll be able to remember easier despite content. So go for ones that you’re interested in X
Ennaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I have done schizophrenia which turned out to be very interesting and also a pretty short topic with a few sections overlapping other topics such as bio psych. I agree that relationships is a bit of a long topic but also pretty interesting and straight forward. I would not recommend aggression, I found it to be a bit too over the place and not very interesting. But in the end, I would recommend you have a look over the summary of each topic and pick the ones most interesting to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
14.08%
I'm not sure (29)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (196)
31.72%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.1%
I'm not a current university student (293)
47.41%

Watched Threads