Echeme
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello everyone,

I really need the help of this community!

After my sister got her GCSE my parents have high expectations.

I feel as if I can meet those but not in English, Romeo and Juliet.

I really have no resources I was really dependent on Mr Bruff but he doesn't have character analysis of the characters and he has one student exemplar.

Please I need more resources I am willing to spend money
HolidayGirl<3
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I loved English at gcse definitely disappointed I didn’t get to do the exam as I would of loved to know what the questions would of been (and what I would of got). But anyways lol.

For English I definitely found mr salles on YouTube an absolute legend and lifesaver especially for last minute revision and exam technique.

For me I definitely would say my top tips are
READ RE READ AND READ AGAIN THE PROLOGUE
This is where your going to get all your quotes from before entering the exam and you can easily make links to most themes.
Also check the examiner report for the past exams
The exam specification is also good and even highlight key points
By using these you’ll always know what the examiner is looking for when it comes to the real thing

As for revision there’s plenty of free resources available try Seneca, I lived on it as it helped me boost my grade and think of ideas and concepts I never would of thought of.

If you want more free resources try tes as a lot of teachers put resources available mostly for free and you can download or just look and try out at home.

My teacher gave me a pack of 30 exam style practice Romeo and Juliet exam questions including the sheet you annotate, this really helped as it made it less of a shock for mocks.
uhm.wtf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
wait what are you doing for Romeo and Juliet? i'm doing this question thing about Juliet being presented as a stronger character than Romeo.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
have you tried litcharts and sparknotes for romeo and juliet? if you pay a bit extra for litcharts you get more notes and analysis. there's other youtubers for english lit like mr salles teaches english so it's worth just inputting something like romeo and juliet analysis into youtube and seeing what other videos come up.
Hyperbolit
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Echeme)
Hello everyone,

I really need the help of this community!

After my sister got her GCSE my parents have high expectations.

I feel as if I can meet those but not in English, Romeo and Juliet.

I really have no resources I was really dependent on Mr Bruff but he doesn't have character analysis of the characters and he has one student exemplar.

Please I need more resources I am willing to spend money
Hi there, here's a post on the presentation of love in 'Romeo and Juliet', with quotes and analysis on the topic - see if this helps? hyperbolit.com/2020/08/22/what-romeo-and-juliet-shows-us-about-love/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.42%
I'm not sure (45)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (310)
29.81%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (508)
48.85%

Watched Threads