Can you sue a game?

Watch
Mariah F
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Lawyers out there or anyone with legal advice please help. So I'm playing an online virtual game and events against other crews take place weekly. Most people paid real money of over 100 dollars for some items that help to win the event as we are contesting with other crews for a prize.
One crew has been at the top of the leaderboards for the whole of the event and then it is almost to the end of the event. The second-place crew and the top crew start fighting head on the head for this prize and no one knows who'll get until the end of the event. However, this game decides to have a server error 20 minutes before the end of the event. This is a normal thing they do and they don't try to fix it.

Therefore, this means all the items people paid for to help them win the event is wiped out. The game does not want to refund even though they are at fault for the server error and are aware people spent money on items that they didn't even end up using. Is there any legal ground that players can sue?
H3ARTBROK3N
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What was the purpose on making two threads?
Vapordave
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Yes, but it will be far more trouble than it is worth. (Meaning it will cost £££)

What game is it? Can't the people chargeback?
Mariah F
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vapordave)
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Yes, but it will be far more trouble than it is worth. (Meaning it will cost £££)

What game is it? Can't the people chargeback?
Its a a game called Highrise on the app store. They just apologised and you cant chargeback
Mariah F
Rep:
?
(Original post by H3ARTBROK3N)
What was the purpose on making two threads?
it was an error cause I thought the first one didn't post. I have trash internet
Vapordave
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mariah F)
Its a a game called Highrise on the app store. They just apologised and you cant chargeback
You're out of options, sorry. Just move on.
Mariah F
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vapordave)
You're out of options, sorry. Just move on.
Wow okay, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
23.66%
No (71)
76.34%

Watched Threads