examstress2022
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello can anyone help me out with what books I need for CIE History 9489.

The units that I'm doing are:

1921American option: The history of the USA, 1820–19411921American option: The history of the USA, 1820–1941
American option: The history of the USA, 1820–1941 (paper 1&2)
Topic 1: The origins of the First World War (paper 3)
American option, Depth study 2: The USA, 1944–92 (paper 4)

I have only found books for AS, is this due to this being a new syllabus or are books out there and I looking for the wrong thing?

JiayiYing
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by examstress2022)

1921American option: The history of the USA, 1820–19411921American option: The history of the USA, 1820–1941

I have only found books for AS, is this due to this being a new syllabus or are books out there and I looking for the wrong thing?

The exam board only publishes textbooks for AS. However, on the subject page of the 9389 syllabus there are some suggested resources for A2 (The topics might have changed a bit though, but I think they will give a list of suggested resources for the new syllabus, maybe a few months later). Are you studying the subject on your own?
JiayiYing
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by examstress2022)

Hi I’m back after three months! I found the scheme of work which includes a list of recommended books! I can send them to you if you want!
hamzakhusro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I studied CAIE History 9389 American option for Paper 1, French Revolution for Paper 2, currently studying Cold War for Paper 3, and American option for Paper 4. Ive seen the syllabus for the 9489 and its barely different at all from 9389. It might have a question paper that differs from 9389, however. Since the syllabus is the same, open up the resources tab in the cambridge website for 9389 History and search all the recommended books. You can easily find most books for free on z-lib.org. I will be able to help you for Paper 4 but I'm still compiling information for it. Reach me in a month or two and I'll share a google docs that will have most of the info you need to do Paper 4.
hamzakhusro
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by JiayiYing)
The exam board only publishes textbooks for AS. However, on the subject page of the 9389 syllabus there are some suggested resources for A2 (The topics might have changed a bit though, but I think they will give a list of suggested resources for the new syllabus, maybe a few months later). Are you studying the subject on your own?
Paper 4 American option 1960-70s and 1980s. Most of the information you need, may have to do abit researching here or there

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Oyu0517
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can you send them to me, please? 😅
hamzakhusro
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Oyu0517)
Can you send them to me, please? 😅
find them yourself its easy. find the books from the Cambridge website and search them up on z-lib.org
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads