T_D
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm pretty sure that I would want to become a fashion designer. However, life is complicated and you never know what might happen...
So I've decided that my second choice career must be at least related to something ”safer” like business

But I'm confused over if these following a-levels are considered ” too soft” by more academic universities. (Probably I think they are, right?)

But I’ve read somewhere that for a business degree you don’t need to do exactly an economics a-level for example, but that it’s preferred

Maths
Product design
Fine art
Textiles

I’m not even sure about what a levels do I need for fashion... (T ^ T)
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you like those A levels, and think you could do well in those interesting subjects, then choose them! I love the fact that you are considering Maths, as that makes your future options very serious and managerial.

A friend of mine actually did textile engineering, ages ago at the University of Leeds, soft subject?, yeah? - except he was sponsored by The British Army. (Hope that’s not an official secret)
T_D
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks!(≧∇≦)
united83728
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I think for a fashion designer those will be good choices
cherryxberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They seem like the right a-levels for fashion design I’d say if you enjoy designing and it’s what you want to do then definitely go for it!
username5376192
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fashion design sounds so cool! It looks good, go for it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
18.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (18)
13.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.05%

Watched Threads