This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
proof we're both good girlies really! both off to midnight mass.. :p:
Well, technically not Mass for me - whatever the 11:30 service on Christmas Eve is called. Midnight Mass is just nice alliteration And I am a good girl!

(Original post by Eeyore)
Other than that, probably just reading and listening to carols from the Choir of King's College, Cambridge!
Oh, I'll be peeling sprouts while listening to that on the radio and on TV (it's two slightly different services - the TV one is pre-recorded). Tis tradition. Did you know, that apparently the choirboys don't know in advance who's going to sing the solo on Once in Royal David's City, Stephen Cleobury (choirmaster) just points at one of them and they have to do it!

I got to first aid at a carol service at King's last week. It wasn't the one for TV, it was for local schools, but it was the full works. Amazing :adore:
ice_topaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by need_money)
I'll probably end up going shopping for food with my mum or going shopping with my best mate. At night, i plan to just chill though someone will find a way to ruin that for me :rolleyes:. What about everyone else?
I will be doing the last minute rush stuff during the day like getting pressies and wrapping them etc. At night (11.30) I will be going to church for Midnight Mass to see Christmas in. I won't get back home until about 2.00 so it is a good way to start off Christmas Day!
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Well, technically not Mass for me - whatever the 11:30 service on Christmas Eve is called. Midnight Mass is just nice alliteration And I am a good girl!
I'm a good girl too... i'll be @.... well we call it midnight mass but really it's 11:30 mass... but it crosses midnight so it's ok

Did you know, that apparently the choirboys don't know in advance who's going to sing the solo on Once in Royal David's City,
Mmmm i know how they feel!! See i was asked in advance to do midnight mass.... but the carol service last night? Nope i just turned up and they said yes so we sing Once in Royal and 'Becca sings the solo :eek: y'say WHAT?! Hehe and then Kim invited sum ppl from my year @ school so i was even more nervous!!
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well, ours isn't technically midnight, nor am i catholic, hmm.

but, anyway, they normally time it well so we're doing the 'ye Lord we greet this / Born this happy morning.' as it hits midnight.

& i get to open 1 present when we get back, yay!

& no doubt i will be forced to listen to the Christmas CD our choir just made (hmm, should i stick a link in here as a plug? ) that bf picked up as a pressie for my mother... which she will just love.. :rolleyes:
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im going to go around complaining like i always do. I wish more people would be like tony from hollyoaks. Christmas is soooo overrated.
salmiak
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Will be playing board games with bf's family, making marzipan figures, then we'll decorate the tree, and stash presents under it. Then we eat a huge meal (duck/pork with caramelised potatoes, red cabbge and lots of other yummy stuff) followed by ris a la mande (whoever finds an almond in it wins a prize). Then the candles on the christmas tree are lit, and we dance around it singing christmas songs (post food exercise!) before sitting down and opening presents, with the kids fetching them and delivering them to the family members (never mind the 'kids' are 19, 20 and 24!) to open. Then drinking wine etc and some more singing before bed sometime in the early morning, and then getting up at middayish for a big family lunch with 10 courses or so that lasts until evening.
Oh, yes, this isn't in the UK! Scandinavia we celebrate on the 24th.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
but, anyway, they normally time it well so we're doing the 'ye Lord we greet this / Born this happy morning.' as it hits midnight
Cunning! That's one of my favourite carols, if only for the descant I think I'll be listening to my sister singing along to the CD which I've just bought her (won't name it in case she comes along and reads this ). Joy.
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WELL....where do i start?

i could have been having a fantastic christmas eve let alone a hell of a good xmas itself!
my parents do shares and they were going to put money on 'Bolton' shares, but decided not to and guess what, if we did, we would have had £8 million in the kitty today. Life sucks.
lucyloo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm going to for a drive to get my gran and then probably going to spend the rest of the day listening to her talk about the good old days :P
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1365)
79.73%
Leave (347)
20.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed