The Student Room Group

If I register for UCAS now can I apply for clearing to get into uni this year in 2020

If so can you please show me how
Yes, clearing is still open. Of course not all courses are available in clearing at all universities...I'd suggest you call up universities of interest on their clearing lines to discuss whether they would be able to make you an offer for the course you want to do in clearing (and/or whether it's available still). If they give you a verbal offer you will need to start a UCAS application and then add that choice on UCAS track.

The application is fairly self explanatory once you start the process; you will need to enter details of your qualifications (both 6th form and GCSE level) so it may be helpful to have your results certificates to hand to make filling it in easier (since you will also need to put in which exam board you took each qualification with which most people don't know off the top of their head for GCSE).
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Yes, clearing is still open. Of course not all courses are available in clearing at all universities...I'd suggest you call up universities of interest on their clearing lines to discuss whether they would be able to make you an offer for the course you want to do in clearing (and/or whether it's available still). If they give you a verbal offer you will need to start a UCAS application and then add that choice on UCAS track.

The application is fairly self explanatory once you start the process; you will need to enter details of your qualifications (both 6th form and GCSE level) so it may be helpful to have your results certificates to hand to make filling it in easier (since you will also need to put in which exam board you took each qualification with which most people don't know off the top of their head for GCSE).

What do I put for the reference
Which course are you interest in? Most universities will have places left on courses for September. You can apply directly to a university to make an application which can be completed over the telephone in about 10 minutes. Let me know if I can help further. Thanks Rebecca
Reply 4
Original post by Rebecca Breen, University of South Wales
Which course are you interest in? Most universities will have places left on courses for September. You can apply directly to a university to make an application which can be completed over the telephone in about 10 minutes. Let me know if I can help further. Thanks Rebecca

Do I call the clearing number of the uuniversity
Reply 5
Original post by Rebecca Breen, University of South Wales

I want to apply for biomedical sciences
Here are the courses available through clearing at the University of South Wales, we have a clearing online open day tomorrow should you wish to find out more - good luck - Rebecca from USW

https://www.southwales.ac.uk/clearing/
Have a look at our science courses available on the link above, and yes contact the clearing help line 03455 760606 if there is a course you are interested in, one of the team will be able to help you. It is not too late to apply to universities, so good luck :smile:
Original post by Unknown7.0
What do I put for the reference

You will usually need an academic reference from your school/college (or if you're already at uni, your university). If you are a mature student who has been out of education for several years, I'd recommend contacting the university directly to ask about what they advise for the reference (bearing in mind most universities will expect you to have undertaken some recent academic study by mature students, the provider of which should be able to provide a reference, even a very basic one).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending