melissaxkilner
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
PSYCHOLOGY Hey I need help on the following psychology q

‘Outline and evaluate one explanation for OCD’ 16 marks

- I have already outlined (AO1) genetic explanations and evaluated my (AO3)

But do I bring in another explanation eg. Neron explanations for my other ao1 and ao3 points or just expand on genetic explanations

Thanks
Last edited by melissaxkilner; 2 months ago
DentScientist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Uhhh are you sure that’s what the question asked? Because if that’s what the question is asking then it should be an 8 marker instead since it’s asking for one explanation so you’re either talking about genetic explanations or neural explanations (not both) but if the question is asking “Describe and evaluate the biological approach to OCD” that’s when it should be a 16 marker and that’s when you should be talking about both
melissaxkilner
Rep:
?
It is! I honestly don’t understand how the teacher came up with it!
melissaxkilner
Rep:
?
(Original post by DentScientist)
Uhhh are you sure that’s what the question asked? Because if that’s what the question is asking then it should be an 8 marker instead since you’re either talking about genetic explanations or neural explanations but if the question is asking “Describe and evaluate the biological approach to OCD” that’s when it should be a 16 marker and that’s when you should be talking about both
I just emailed her. She change it to discuss the biological approach to treating OCD so now the both? Right
DentScientist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by melissaxkilner)
I just emailed her. She change it to discuss the biological approach to treating OCD so now the both? Right
Yeah you could talk about both but you don’t have to. You’re supposed to talk about SSRIs since it’s asking for the treatment of OCD. My class did a 16 marker on this exact question in timed condition and my teacher gave me 14/16 and I didn’t really talk about neural explanations and genetic explanations, I only talked about SSRIs
Last edited by DentScientist; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads