The Student Room Group

Drunken mistake

Hi, I was out with my boyfriend as he moved back to uni and I met his mum for the first time. It was going really well and I was drinking vodkas but I thought I was taking it easier than I usually do.

I can't remember getting back to my boyfriends house, and I was sick on his bed and on the sofa at his new uni house. My boyfriend cleaned it up and he got mad at me and wanted my mum to come pick me up but she couldn't as she was on holiday and as it was late there were no trains running. I got quite emotional but stayed until around 6 in the morning when I left in my pyjamas and got a train home.

I feel awful for his housemates who had to deal with me because I didn't want my boyfriend anywhere near me for some reason. I was supposed to be staying for a long weekend and only stayed one night not even with my boyfriend. I suggested to my boyfriend that we should split up and he said he doesn't want to but it doesn't stop me from feeling guilty for the whole situation.

These sorts of situations have happened a couple of times before and I hate the way I am when it goes badly. I don't get why my boyfriend is willing to forgive me when he gets really angry during. Is it worth it anymore if I'm just going to keep messing up? I genuinely didn't realise I was so drunk. I don't know how to stop feeling guilty or how I'm going to face seeing my boyfriend or his housemates in the future.
So your boyfriend was annoyed at you for vomming on his Uni house sofa and then you refused to reconcile, even after the next day when he wasn’t angry with you anymore?

What’s the actual issue here? Sounds like your boyfriend was reasonably angry but forgave you, yet you wanted to break up?

When you next see your boyfriend and his housemates, just apologise to both and laugh it off :smile: Happens to the best of us... Just be more careful in future with alcohol.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was out with my boyfriend as he moved back to uni and I met his mum for the first time. It was going really well and I was drinking vodkas but I thought I was taking it easier than I usually do.

I can't remember getting back to my boyfriends house, and I was sick on his bed and on the sofa at his new uni house. My boyfriend cleaned it up and he got mad at me and wanted my mum to come pick me up but she couldn't as she was on holiday and as it was late there were no trains running. I got quite emotional but stayed until around 6 in the morning when I left in my pyjamas and got a train home.

I feel awful for his housemates who had to deal with me because I didn't want my boyfriend anywhere near me for some reason. I was supposed to be staying for a long weekend and only stayed one night not even with my boyfriend. I suggested to my boyfriend that we should split up and he said he doesn't want to but it doesn't stop me from feeling guilty for the whole situation.

These sorts of situations have happened a couple of times before and I hate the way I am when it goes badly. I don't get why my boyfriend is willing to forgive me when he gets really angry during. Is it worth it anymore if I'm just going to keep messing up? I genuinely didn't realise I was so drunk. I don't know how to stop feeling guilty or how I'm going to face seeing my boyfriend or his housemates in the future.

Maybe he likes you?
Maybe you could moderate your drinking?
Maybe apologise to the housemates and send them some beer or pizza, if they are chilled they might find it hilarious.
Reply 3
It’s a typical bit of drunken misadventure, the problem is if you keep repeating it. Apologise, put it behind you and learn for the future.
Don't drink then. It's as easy as that.
Ah, if you like each other this will become one of those "remember when" stories that you look back on and laugh. We've all done daft things when drunk.

Not a big issue. Perfectly ok your bf being cross at the time and OK afterwards.
You made a mistake, so you want to end it with him? Why are you punishing him for your mistake? Just apologise instead.
Is there more to this than you're letting on? Seems a tiny thing to split up over, don't get it at all.
Reply 8
i made a drunken mistake last week when i got pepsi max from the chicken shop instead of normal pepsi
Original post by gjd800
i made a drunken mistake last week when i got pepsi max from the chicken shop instead of normal pepsi

I am outraged that I had to find out about this through TSR instead of you coming and telling me this directly.
See kids, this is why the only thing you should drink is caprison:colondollar:

In all seriousness, moderate your drinking so it doesn't happen again. I agree with the other posts, apologise to your boyfriend and his housemates and move on.
Reply 11
Original post by sinfonietta
I am outraged that I had to find out about this through TSR instead of you coming and telling me this directly.

i say last week because I thought today was monday. it was early hours yesterday morning :lol:
Reply 12
You’d split up with your boyfriend just because you felt guilty that you got way too drunk and threw up on your boyfriends sofa and bed? Something doesn’t add up, as someone else had said, don’t get it at all
Original post by Anonymous

I have done some daft things whilst drunk. Many people do. It's not unusual.

Maybe you are wanting to split up because you feel embarrassed? Noooooooo

Moderate your drinking if you can't trust yourself. Would you like your boyfriend to be sick on your bed and sofa?
Drama queen

Quick Reply

Latest