How tall will I likely be

Watch
Josh-fc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m turning 16 in October and with shoes I’m about 182cm/ 5’11 and a cm below 6’0. My dads about 6’0-6’1 and my mums 5’10. My dad only started to properly grow when he was 16 and he keeps telling me I will be the same and he thinks I will reach 6’3-6’4. I have size 12.5 feet which are considered big for my age as I’m 15 almost 16 and when I was born my future height was estimated to be 6’4 from doctors. So my question is will I likely reach this height also my dad claims I haven’t had my growth spurt yet and that I will be the same as him ( grow late) I would like to be atleast 6’3 but hopefully 6’4 but how likely is this considering my parents height my foot size and the fact that I haven’t had my main growth spurt yet ?
Last edited by Josh-fc; 4 weeks ago
Advertisement
perplexed turtle
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Josh-fc)
I’m turning 16 in October and with shoes I’m about 182cm/ 5’11 and a cm below 6’0. My dads about 6’0-6’1 and my mums 5’10. My dad only started to properly grow when he was 16 and he keeps telling me I will be the same and he thinks I will reach 6’3-6’4. I have size 12.5 feet which are considered big for my age as I’m 15 almost 16 and when I was born my future height was estimated to be 6’4 from doctors. So my question is will I likely reach this height also my dad claims I haven’t had my growth spurt yet and that I will be the same as him ( grow late) I would like to be atleast 6’3 but hopefully 6’4 but how likely is this considering my parents height my foot size and the fact that I haven’t had my main growth spurt yet ?
jesus christ your family is tall
PinkPigs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably just over 6’ being but just depends each person different
Advertisement
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Let me consult my crystal ball. Don't know you could grow to be 6ft 5in or you could remain 5ft 11in for the rest of your days
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Let me consult my crystal ball. Don't know you could grow to be 6ft 5in or you could remain 5ft 11in for the rest of your days
^^^ No way to tell. Just wait and see.
Advertisement
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well you're 16 so you've definitely had your growth spurt, it's up to chance if you grow taller which could happen.

If you want some advice, stop paying so much attention to your height, it's natural to be preoccupied with it especially for guys but you'll be a lot happier if you just get on with your life and put that measuring tape down.
ben288888
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my dads 6 foot and mums 5'11 but I'm 6'4, so there's hope for you
Advertisement
Josh-fc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ben288888)
my dads 6 foot and mums 5'11 but I'm 6'4, so there's hope for you
So how tall were you at 16
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nobody can help you there, unfortunately.

Not sure why you'd want to be 6'4 though.
Advertisement
ben288888
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So how tall were you at 16
around 6 foot
ben288888
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Nobody can help you there, unfortunately.

Not sure why you'd want to be 6'4 though.
girls, sports, getting things off high shelves, why wouldn't you wanna be 6'4
Advertisement
LegsEleven17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most of your height will actually come from your mother's side so you will most likely be a similiar height to your maternal grandfather. However probably a bit taller considering nutrition is better at the moment. Your foot size could be a sign of further growth but not for certain. I am 6' 4" but only have size 9/10 feet.

Also I'd like to add that being 6' 4" is not all it's cracked up to be. Literally everyone points out my height to the point where I feel weird... I can barely hear people in crowded spaces because I'm so far away from their mouths and I hit my head on sooooo many things.
Last edited by LegsEleven17; 4 weeks ago
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
7’0 absolute gigachad
Advertisement
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Doors
Ivartheboneless
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unless your going to be a bodybuilder where height is not a good thing I wouldn't worry.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pretty naive of you to assume girls like a 'tall' guy.
Ivartheboneless
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gtty123)
Pretty naive of you to assume girls like a 'tall' guy.
It seems common preference in UK. Personally i think it's unaesthetic to be over 6' you can't usually have broad shoulders.
Advertisement
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ivartheboneless)
It seems common preference in UK. Personally i think it's unaesthetic to be over 6' you can't usually have broad shoulders.
Most of them are 5 foot and have a deluded perception of height 😂. I'm joking btw; I don't make ridiculous generalisations.

The second part, I partially agree with you. I'm 6 foot 2 and building muscle is definitely harder (not to mention my arms also look smaller than someone who's shorter than me, despite having the same size).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads