This discussion is closed.
Lucifer323
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
More personal attacks.

Is this someone your imaginary friend? Either way it's nice to know what kind of books are at your reading level.

How is being patriotic ”archaic and outdated”?

I'm a royalist mainly because I think the concept of a non-partisan monarch who has the power to intervene if things go tits up is an important fail safe in our democracy, and because I'd rather be ruled by the House of Windsor than by President Blair.

More typical drivel.
So apart from a right wing Brexiteer you are also a Royalist!!

What an unusual combination?!
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Honest to god I wish you’d just put the keyboard down. Please, take a break.
Why? Are you not inspired by my comments?!
Ar-Pharazôn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is a total non-story, I have to say. The BBC have said they're dropping the lyrics due to COVID restrictions, as they can't use the usual chorus. It really is as simple as that. The whole "oh god, they're doing it for race reasons" is just a load of complete claptrap drummed up by the press (well, and certain politicians- looking at you, Johnson). Either way, they've said they'll do it fully next year, so I really can't see what all the fuss is about.
IbeIC123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
”Slavery being acceptable in Mauritania and legal is down to French colonisation”. Never mind that slavery was commonplace in the Arab world (which Mauritania is part of) long before French colonisation or that France passed laws to stamp out slavery.

Excuse me? The Mauritanian government choosing to only outlaw slavery in 2007 is not down to colonialism or climate change.
French instated governments, Desertification causing a drastic increase of violence over scarce resources and horrible borders been drawn up literal straight lines
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Honest to god I wish you’d just put the keyboard down. Please, take a break.
Yeah, I wish he'd do that sometimes.
(Original post by Lucifer323)
So apart from a right wing Brexiteer you are also a Royalist!!

What an unusual combination?!
Again, you didn't respond to any of my arguments as to why I'd rather be under a monarchy than a republic. The Royals bring a lot of money into the country and a non-partisan head of state acts as a safety valve on democracy.
(Original post by IbeIC123)
French instated governments, Desertification causing a drastic increase of violence over scarce resources and horrible borders been drawn up literal straight lines
It still doesn't excuse only outlawing slavery in 2007. The borders are horrible, I'll give you that.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, I wish he'd do that sometimes.

Again, you didn't respond to any of my arguments as to why I'd rather be under a monarchy than a republic. The Royals bring a lot of money into the country and a non-partisan head of state acts as a safety valve on democracy.

It still doesn't excuse only outlawing slavery in 2007. The borders are horrible, I'll give you that.
The claim that the Royals bring a lot of money in the country is not the best you can find.

Prostitution, drugs, and weapons can also bring much more money to the country...
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The claim that the Royals bring a lot of money in the country is not the best you can find.

Prostitution, drugs, and weapons can also bring much more money to the country...
Well all, bar hookers, do bring plenty of money into the country.. the Royals on the other hand bring billions with absolutely no iffy moral dilemas around it.

Either way, whats the issue with Her Majesty? As far as public servants go she is inarguably the most respected and the one that does the best work - this being an immutable fact.
DSilva
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What a nothing story.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Well all, bar hookers, do bring plenty of money into the country.. the Royals on the other hand bring billions with absolutely no iffy moral dilemas around it.

Either way, whats the issue with Her Majesty? As far as public servants go she is inarguably the most respected and the one that does the best work - this being an immutable fact.
Her what?? Did you say majesty???

Monarchy is an outdated political system just like the Abrahamic Religions, outdated and Archaic...

Monarchy in the 21st century?! Naaaah Mr Napp..
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?

Yeah, I support legalising drugs so trying to use that as an argument against me holds no water.
That's Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God and Defender of the Faith.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Monarchy is an outdated political system just like the Abrahamic Religions, outdated and Archaic...

Monarchy in the 21st century?! Naaaah Mr Napp..
Are you unfamiliar with titles or something? She is callec Her Majesty... :rolleyes:
Yeah thats your opinion, one few others shares so you're welcome to it Lucy.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Iñigo de Loyola)
Yeah, I support legalising drugs so trying to use that as an argument against me holds no water.

That's Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God and Defender of the Faith.
(Original post by Napp)
Are you unfamiliar with titles or something? She is callec Her Majesty... :rolleyes:
Yeah thats your opinion, one few others shares so you're welcome to it Lucy.
God the save the Queen...

Who??? God??? Which one?? The Roman Catholic Version of the Abrahamic God I suppose....

As if God exists, or as if as HE will save the Queen...

In terms of the 'few others that share the same views with me' that won't bother me as majorities is not a valid argument for establishing a claim. But and by the way, there is a large number of voters who share the view I have. They are not so vocal.. Here in these threads to remind you that the Tories and Monarchy are not very popular...
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
God the save the Queen...

Who??? God??? Which one?? The Roman Catholic Version of the Abrahamic God I suppose....

As if God exists, or as if as HE will save the Queen...

In terms of the 'few others that share the same views with me' that won't bother me as majorities is not a valid argument for establishing a claim. But and by the way, there is a large number of voters who share the view I have. They are not so vocal.. Here in these threads to remind you that the Tories and Monarchy are not very popular...
Britain is protestant not Roman Catholic...
I'm not entirely sure what the rest of your post is trying to say though i'm afraid... something about tories and a farsical claim that a 'large number of voters' share your views are anti monarchists (demonstrably false).
I am curious though, why do you have such a hard on for going on about the tories at every chance? and why are you inferring i am a card carrying member who will defend them to the last ?
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Britain is protestant not Roman Catholic...
I'm not entirely sure what the rest of your post is trying to say though i'm afraid... something about tories and a farsical claim that a 'large number of voters' share your views are anti monarchists (demonstrably false).
I am curious though, why do you have such a hard on for going on about the tories at every chance? and why are you inferring i am a card carrying member who will defend them to the last ?
The Roman Catholic comment was for Liber... This is his view and understanding of God.

Let's see the argument' God save the Queen...

But which God? God doesn't exist! Hence he cannot save the Queen... And even if he was real from what actually she would have been saved??

Yes, a large number of voters are not in favour of monarchy. Although they are not the majority. Unfortunately, not yet .

The last 10 years of Tory Politics have been disasterous for many of ordinary people and they have damaged the National Interest with Brexit.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The Roman Catholic comment was for Liber... This is his view and understanding of God.

Let's see the argument' God save the Queen...

But which God? God doesn't exist! Hence he cannot save the Queen... And even if he was real from what actually she would have been saved??

Yes, a large number of voters are not in favour of monarchy. Although they are not the majority. Unfortunately, not yet .

The last 10 years of Tory Politics have been disasterous for many of ordinary people and they have damaged the National Interest with Brexit.
Ah gotcha, apologies.

What does God Save the Queen have to do with this thread sorry?
And pray tell what number this "very large number" actually is? Outside of a few unwashed hippies and far left Maoists.
Yeah i still dont get why you're saying this at me? I have made no comment on the tories here and this thread has nothing to do with them nor brexit.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Ah gotcha, apologies.

What does God Save the Queen have to do with this thread sorry?
And pray tell what number this "very large number" actually is? Outside of a few unwashed hippies and far left Maoists.
Yeah i still dont get why you're saying this at me? I have made no comment on the tories here and this thread has nothing to do with them nor brexit.
PSOM

I want to rate you for the comment unwashed hippies and far left Maoists!!! Haha!!

Obviously is entirely untrue as you don't need to be either to reject an outdated political system such as monarchy that has unelected officials, it is still a comment to the point and describes what the Tory Ideology is really about!!!
Last edited by Lucifer323; 4 weeks ago
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
But and by the way, there is a large number of voters who share the view I have. They are not so vocal.. Here in these threads to remind you that the Tories and Monarchy are not very popular...
I don't think there are that many militant atheists or Marxists in the UK
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think there are that many militant atheists or Marxists in the UK
You don't have to be a military atheist or Marxist to reject Monarchy... Any reasonable person will do. Especially in most European countries that Monarchy doesn't exist or is in its dying stages.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
You don't have to be a military atheist or Marxist to reject Monarchy... Any reasonable person will do. Especially in most European countries that Monarchy doesn't exist or is in its dying stages.
Monarchy isn't dying off in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Holland, Belgium or Spain...
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Monarchy isn't dying off in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Holland, Belgium or Spain...
The last three Dutch monarchs abdicated.
The last two Belgian monarchs abdicated.
The last Spainish monarch abdicated and lives in self excile.
Hardly live and kicking.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (79)
21.82%
No (283)
78.18%

Watched Threads