Pip1984
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How long does it take for your local career office to contact you from when you submit your application to the RAF? Been waiting 2 and half weeks already.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pip1984)
How long does it take for your local career office to contact you from when you submit your application to the RAF? Been waiting 2 and half weeks already.
Double it, and add a little more.

6-8 weeks is the norm these days, sadly.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi

Currently, try around 12 weeks. As you'll have seen from the post on this forum and linked to from the home page on the RAF Recruitment website the covid 19 situation closed down the entire application process, which is only now getting back to normal, albeit with some limitations.

You'll be advised as soon as your application has been processed via your candidate portal. The entire application process can take between 3-9 months to complete, longer in the current circumstances.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/afco-covid19

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Pip1984
Rep:
?
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi

Currently, try around 12 weeks. As you'll have seen from the post on this forum and linked to from the home page on the RAF Recruitment website the covid 19 situation closed down the entire application process, which is only now getting back to normal, albeit with some limitations.

You'll be advised as soon as your application has been processed via your candidate portal. The entire application process can take between 3-9 months to complete, longer in the current circumstances.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/afco-covid19

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
** When you say 3-9 months to complete the recruitment process, do you mean providing you pass the criteria- to officially get in RAF or to get onto an OT course?
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
** When you say 3-9 months to complete the recruitment process, do you mean providing you pass the criteria- to officially get in RAF or to get onto an OT course?
Hi

Between 3-9 months from submission of application to your start date at phase one training. It will depend on your own progress at each stage of the process, of course.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
justbrowsing185
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied in March, shortly before lockdown began, and my application was sent to my local AFCO at the end of August, so I had about 5 months of waiting before I heard anything, most likely due to the difficulties imposed by COVID. So you could potentially be waiting quite a while, but use that time to make sure you're ready!
Pip1984
Rep:
?
Thank you, I have been told that they have had a back log and thousands of new applications too. So I am expecting a long wait and like you said, I will use it to get my fitness at its best and look at the cognitive tests.
Wil son515
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone

I’m in the process of rejoining the raf after 11 yrs out from the Royal a Engineers. With regards to the medical would you know if they would look at my med history from my previous service. Just wondering if things like my shin splits and knocks I got from rugby would affect the result of me passing it and getting graded a P8 unfit?
AscendingWings
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wil son515)
Hey everyone

I’m in the process of rejoining the raf after 11 yrs out from the Royal a Engineers. With regards to the medical would you know if they would look at my med history from my previous service. Just wondering if things like my shin splits and knocks I got from rugby would affect the result of me passing it and getting graded a P8 unfit?
As has been replied on your post 3 days ago, nobody can tell you if it'll effect your result on here. I'm not a doctor but I would assume (but I can't say for sure) that they will have access to service medical history, you certainly sign for them to access your civvie history when joining so I assume they would see that too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise