Bebsbe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I want to study biochemistry at Oxford but I think my gcse grades are not good enough I got: Physics-A, French-A, Chemistry-B, Biology-B, Maths-B, Spanish- B, computer Science-C, English Lit- 5, English language- 4, for my a levels I am predicted: Maths- A*, Chemistry- A, Biology-A. I researched and heard that oxford are considering your gcse results very seriously. So do I have a chance of getting in.
bubblecat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
your gcse grades do seem a bit on the low side for oxford. if i’m not mistaken most applicants have grades in the A*-A range. does Cambridge have the same course? they don’t put as much emphasis on gcse grades.
Bebsbe
Rep:
?
But is there still a chance of me getting in?
Bebsbe
Rep:
?
And I don’t meet the criteria to study any of the sciences courses at Cambridge as they all have entry requirements of A*A*A
bubblecat
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Bebsbe)
But is there still a chance of me getting in?
i mean, you could try as GCSEs are only one aspect of the application, but there will be many applicants with higher grades than yours. are you from a lower performing school? it says on the website that oxford will take into consideration contextual information.
bubblecat
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
And I don’t meet the criteria to study any of the sciences courses at Cambridge as they all have entry requirements of A*A*A
you could always work really hard this year, get A*A*A and apply then (taking a gap year).
Bebsbe
Rep:
?
No am an international student at a private school, but the grades attained by students are very good, in year 13 the highest chemistry grade attained in the January exams was a D and for biology also a D
Bebsbe
Rep:
?
(Original post by bubblecat)
you could always work really hard this year, get A*A*A and apply then (taking a gap year).
And I don’t like Cambridge as much as Oxford
bubblecat
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
And I don’t like Cambridge as much as Oxford
your grades suit cambridge more than oxford. apply to oxford if you want but dont set all your hopes on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (25)
69.44%
I don't have everything I need (11)
30.56%

Watched Threads