Mustafa2021
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey I am making starting to make revision cards for my edexcel medicine through time history course. However, I am struggling making these cards as I do not know what to write on them. Any help such as images or any other knowledge of how you did your cards would be very helpful.

Thanks.
TheHistoryNerd_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, year 11 here. So I did the AQA Medicine Through Time but I'm sure the same concept is applicable here. For my flashcards, I'd do them differently depending on what they were on? So for key people e.g: Louis Pasteur, I'd write the name at the top, the time period they were around (so this would be 19th c. as I don't know about Edexcel but for the AQA 16 marker, we had to refer to like 3 different time periods to get high marks) and why they were important (Germ Theory 1861). Personally, I was pretty good with dates so for my flashcards I'd have one dedicated to each time period (medieval, modern, 18th c, renaissance etc...) Then I'll use what I would have put on my Renaissance flashcard for an example. So at the top I'd write 'Renaissance'. Then you need to figure out which are the KEY dates and I mean ones that you could pretty much use no matter what the question throws at you, for example, in 1543, Andreas Vesalius published 'Fabrica' (A VERY KEY DATE!!!). I would write a bunch of KEY dates down only on one flashcard (can use both signs) then before going into the exam I'd look over this mini stack of flashcards with the KEY KEY dates from all the time periods on to lock it into my short term memory if you will (some dates I just knew). Obviously, for this trick to work you need to know the events and be able to expand on any point you make, like for example, yes you can throw into an answer that Vesalius wrote 'Fabrica' in 1543 but WHY was it important (he had artists like Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci do the medical drawings, so they were clear and easier to understand). Hope this helped? Feel free to ask any more questions if you have any! All my old flashcards and stuff are in the attic so I can't send any pictures, sorry!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
32.03%
No - I have already returned home (16)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
21.09%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (10)
7.81%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed