How did everyone find this? Found this stupidly difficult, particularly with Q3
bbowyer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AS_Anonymous)
How did everyone find this? Found this stupidly difficult, particularly with Q3
Yes! It was vvvvvvv difficult! Not like anything else I’ve ever seen!
AS_Anonymous
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
There was absolutely nothing in the QB we could refer to!
Anon_P123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good news is I didn't struggle for time. Bad news is that it was because I didn't have anything to write about for Q3..

How do you decide if divisions are material? Didn't know anything about disclosures either.

I hope I scrape by but i think I'll have to retake lol
elgato
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah it completely threw me, Q3 especially. I've never seen anything really like it before. And I would have called myself pretty prepared, not anymore
AS_Anonymous
Rep:
?
Think you had to look at the criteria about 10% revenue, operating profit and assets and 75% external revenue. Disclosures was nonsense honestly. I can’t believe they put that in
AS_Anonymous
Rep:
?
@hipster913 I think that’s right. Essentially was UK and India. I wasn’t a big fan of the exam
Anon_P123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What did you get for Q1? There were quite a lot of issues but I think predominantly was based around treatment of FVOCI?

Weird investment line as well ? Which was then a JV?
AS_Anonymous
Rep:
?
@hipster193 I think I included the other small division. Such a stupid q. Never mind mate! Focus on the remaining ones, assuming you have SBM tomorrow?
AS_Anonymous
Rep:
?
@Anon_P123 Inconsistent with accounting policy so you had to essentially reclassify everything to make sure it was in line with the policy. Yeah the investment was a JV and inter company loan
AS_Anonymous
Rep:
?
(Original post by hipster913)
Ha I do indeed! I generally went in well prepared tbh so was abit shocked as the exam progressed, spent far too long on Q1 then screwed my timing and didn't finish question 2! How was your second question answers, share options seemed okay and lease on second proprosal but didn't even get round to tax bit.
Unlucky mate!!!! I went in quite prepared and got thrown off by a stupid amount of financial instruments questions. Couldn’t complete the loss allowance on the corporate loans. Share option was okay but like you, I couldn’t finish the deferred tax stuff which were a big chunk of the marks. Definitely going to be a resit for me!!!!
AS_Anonymous
Rep:
?
Spoke to quite a few people after the exam who shares similar feelings that they don't think the exam went very well. Haha, agree with you on los allowance, so shouldve been over total expected defaults and they had done it over lifetime, but then i couldnt re calculate it based on the info that was given so gave up ha!

Btw, did you do share option over two or three years?
Did it over 3 years. Not sure if that was right but the average over the two years was 15%. 3rd year was 18% so went with 3 instead of 2.
AS_Anonymous
Rep:
?
Ah bugger, I went with 2 on the basis that the average needed to be greater than 14% ... ah well. Hopefully the others are nicer, not good though after months of prep.
Unlucky man! Doesn’t matter. You should get follow through marks. Have you got SBM and case?
avf
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What did you get for Q1 the first requirement for the sub, cost less impairment - I was overthinking it and wasn't sure what I should be doing haha
Last edited by avf; 3 weeks ago
avf
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For the JV? I used cost plus the share of loss. not sure if that was right though...
Mmm no not for that one (but that was what I did so don't worry haha). It was the investments of HC which were £5,000,000 and the accounting policy was measure cost less impairment but there was no group structure change or something along those lines
avf
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What did you get for Q1 the first requirement for the sub the cost less impairment - I was overthinking it and wasn't sure what I should be doing haha
xxmeelonxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For the right of use asset tax allowance - what did you guys put?
Anon_D1010
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Think it said 30% first year and 18% afterwards.So I just did 30% tax depreciation on the ROU asset and 18% WDA on the other PPE TWDV figure.Added back the accounting depreciation charged on the other PPE
xxmeelonxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anon_D1010)
Think it said 30% first year and 18% afterwards.So I just did 30% tax depreciation on the ROU asset and 18% WDA on the other PPE TWDV figure.Added back the accounting depreciation charged on the other PPE
I also did this but the number was just so big at approx 8m. Thought that I did it wrong because my expense was negative for tax but I could be going completely wrong
K1NE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Apologies to ruin the flow of the convo guys. Just curious to know about thoughts on SBM ? Do most people pass SBM ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.81%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
13.1%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (159)
37.86%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (45)
10.71%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (81)
19.29%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
5.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed