Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Does Durham School of Modern Languages take a particular stance on gap years? I've checked their website and all I can gather is that they welcome deferred entries "which may be considered in special circumstances". After changing my mind on the course I want to study I'll be applying as a post-qual applicant in the 2020-2021 cycle. Will they still consider my application or is it a risky feat?

I'm planning on phoning their admissions team in due course but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask this forum.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does Durham School of Modern Languages take a particular stance on gap years? I've checked their website and all I can gather is that they welcome deferred entries "which may be considered in special circumstances". After changing my mind on the course I want to study I'll be applying as a post-qual applicant in the 2020-2021 cycle. Will they still consider my application or is it a risky feat?

I'm planning on phoning their admissions team in due course but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask this forum.
If you have your A Level grades and are about to embark on your gap year now then that doesn't count as a deferred application as you would be starting in September 2021 so you would be fine.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you have your A Level grades and are about to embark on your gap year now then that doesn't count as a deferred application as you would be starting in September 2021 so you would be fine.
Brilliant, thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise