What uni courses take a level 3 engineering extended diploma without any A-levels?

Watch
Haaazard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I don't really have any available help to me so you guys are my best bet.

Everywhere i look i can't find any uni courses that will take a level 3 engineering extended diploma without any A-levels, but everywhere on the internet says it is possible.

Honestly i don't really know what i'm looking for and i'm getting fed up with my life and i just need a change and some help to get me there. Thanks to anyone for help.

EDIT: I got D*D*D* by the way
Last edited by Haaazard; 4 months ago
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Haaazard)
I don't really have any available help to me so you guys are my best bet.

Everywhere i look i can't find any uni courses that will take a level 3 engineering extended diploma without any A-levels, but everywhere on the internet says it is possible.

Honestly i don't really know what i'm looking for and i'm getting fed up with my life and i just need a change and some help to get me there. Thanks to anyone for help.
Most higher tier universities will ask for an A-level Maths or science subject alongside your BTEC extended diploma. However if you look for it you can find universities who will accept a Level 3 extended diploma on its own. For example Coventry:https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-st...ing-beng-hons/

D*DD-DDM in an Engineering subject, to include Merits in 'Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems' and 'Further Engineering Mathematics' units
bamtutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It depends on what you want to study at University (Im guessing Engineering) Ive just had a quick look at a few on the UCAS page and they take a BTEC Ext DIP at DMM to DDM without an A level. Starting point is to look at UCAS list and just go through the Entry requirements.
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...rence=NextYear

Birmingham do state; D*D*D* plus Distinction in all units required. BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered providing there is sufficient Mathematics content and applicant satisfactorily completes our Mathematics aptitude test.

City University of London state; D*DD in Engineering (First teaching Sept 2016) with minimum grade D in units 1 - Engineering Principles, 7 - Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems and 8 - Further Engineering Mathematics. Candidates must also have a minimum of grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics and Science/Physics.

Uni of East Anglia state; DDM in relevant subject, please see our website for details.
Last edited by bamtutor; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads