The Student Room Group

a gyg blog by yours truly xsowmix

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to hear about your rejection, but I’m glad to hear you have been looking on the positive side of things :hugs:

Hope you have a good weekend :yep:
Reply 101
hahaha I been manifesting myself graduating with a first class at ucl, finding a cure for a rare condition, publishing a research paper in the Lancet or BMJ, the list goes on.

exactly. you're gonna get the interview at ucl. you're gonna smash the interview. you're going to go to ucl next year and become the best doctor that you possibly could be. you can do this.

Spoiler

Reply 102
Original post by Becca216
Sorry to hear about your rejection, but I’m glad to hear you have been looking on the positive side of things :hugs:

Hope you have a good weekend :yep:

I have definitely come to terms with it. (Surprised it only took a day) I guess I have to wait patiently for my decisions from other unis.

How are you doing?

I read you just submitted your UCAS. Well done!!! All you have to do is sit tight and wait for the offers to come rolling in. You've got this. :smile:
Original post by xsowmix
I have definitely come to terms with it. (Surprised it only took a day) I guess I have to wait patiently for my decisions from other unis.

How are you doing?

I read you just submitted your UCAS. Well done!!! All you have to do is sit tight and wait for the offers to come rolling in. You've got this. :smile:

Hopefully you’ll hear soon from the other unis (my fingers are crossed for you :smile: ), I know a few people that have been rejected from oxbridge this week and the general idea seems to be that they are obviously upset but they are glad they found out when they did kind of thing...

I’m not doing too bad, I submitted my ucas 2 weeks ago but I’m still waiting for my tutor to add my reference so it hasn’t officially been sent off yet, which is kind of annoying but hopefully by next week it will be sent off :redface:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 104
UCAS UPDATE!!!
guys sgul pulled up with my biomedical offer finally. woop woop. I know it's not medicine but it's nice to know that a uni does like me.

Spoiler

Tags:

Spoiler

Reply 105
shushhhhh no news is good news. have faith in yourself.

Spoiler

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well done :woo:

Hopefully you will hear something about medicine in the year :yep:

Have a wonderful Christmas :hugs:
Reply 107
Original post by Becca216
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well done :woo:

Hopefully you will hear something about medicine in the year :yep:

Have a wonderful Christmas :hugs:

thank you!!

I read you got 3/5 offers already. well done!!!:woohoo:

My Christmas present for you

Spoiler

Original post by xsowmix
thank you!!

I read you got 3/5 offers already. well done!!!:woohoo:

My Christmas present for you

Spoiler

Thank you too!!!!

hehe that is a good one :lol:
Reply 109
To everyone who has been feeling alone and ****ty like me, during these holidays and I guess for the past year, hang on. you have nearly finished 2020. Only 5 more days of this train wreck. (COVID is still going to be a thing so remember to wash your hands and wear your face masks kids)

If you're ever feeling down, just listen to this song:
You Will be Found
Just remember that you are not alone and if you ever need a talk, my PMs are open.

Spoiler

Now off to go to do some late night revision for my mocks. :frown:
Reply 110
PRSOM:hugs:
Reply 111
To-do list for tomorrow because I need to get my s*** together before school starts

🎈Essay plan for the following statement: The importance of responses to changes in the internal and external environment of an organism.
🎈Essay write up for that statement
🎈Finish up practical write up for RP 11 and RP 8.
🎈Complete the following maths paper. https://crashmaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/A2-M-BRONZE-P1-A.pdf
🎈Complete Homeostasis Past Paper question booklet and try not to cry whilst doing it

🎈Start the drawing of the dog

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 112
thanks!! have you done your mocks yet?
Reply 113
my stupid mind interpreted that as 3 sets of mocks.
Reply 114
wait what? how? the mental health? the time? just how?
Reply 115
I had no mocks and I barely made it. props to you for getting this far.
Reply 116
I don't really know. probably from work done during lockdown and past topic tests which is not the most reliable but I feel I got the grades I deserved (A*A*A)

Spoiler

Reply 117
Tell me about it. She gave me a B for my end of term report because of one or two Bs I got at the beginning of Year 12. smh.
Reply 118
To Do list for today

🤡Answer my PMs
🤡Do Mixed Exercise 7 in A2 Mechanics
🤡 Read ahead on NMR Spectroscopy and make notes on it
🤡Interview Prep for my non-existent interviews
🤡Do an A2 Biology Practice Paper
🤡Revise Gene Mutations and Technologies and make a mind map
Reply 119
Happy New Year!!
A bit late but hope you guys had a good day yesterday and made a few resolutions for this year.

Just gonna add my ones here because why not

Achieve my UCAS predictions in the final exams

Get into medical school

Cope with my high functioning anxiety better and not to be too hard on myself if I fail as it is part of the process

Workout 3-4 times a week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending