babymarnie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey was just wondering if any of you guys could give me some tips to help revise because I'm going into year 11 and feel so behind! Thank you.

Deema_n
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Try to write down all the tasks you have to complete to get back on track. Then determine which of those tasks are absolutely necessary, which are helpful but you could do without, and some tasks which aren't required yet but you would like to complete. After that begin building your daily/weekly schedule. Distribute the tasks according to their difficulty and priority. Usually, I like to do a difficult task followed by an easy one (when something gets ticked off quickly it motivates you to continue working). Don't forget to take it day by day and not to over-stress, ask your teachers for tips as well.
MOST IMPORTANTLY - do not procrastinate or the workload will just continue getting worse.
^^ this is what works for me but make sure to try different studying styles or time management and organization tricks and see what works best for you.
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
make a timetable
srsly
babymarnie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Deema_n)
Try to write down all the tasks you have to complete to get back on track. Then determine which of those tasks are absolutely necessary, which are helpful but you could do without, and some tasks which aren't required yet but you would like to complete. After that begin building your daily/weekly schedule. Distribute the tasks according to their difficulty and priority. Usually, I like to do a difficult task followed by an easy one (when something gets ticked off quickly it motivates you to continue working). Don't forget to take it day by day and not to over-stress, ask your teachers for tips as well.
MOST IMPORTANTLY - do not procrastinate or the workload will just continue getting worse.
^^ this is what works for me but make sure to try different studying styles or time management and organization tricks and see what works best for you.
Thank you so much, much appreciated
Ztormie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by babymarnie)
Thank you so much, much appreciated
Heyy! x Last year I created a post and a lot of people replied with really useful information; here is the post. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6099584

Personally, the best advice I could give is base your revision on exam questions. Also, start early (perhaps the start of September) in case there's a resurgence of COVID 19.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by babymarnie)
Hey was just wondering if any of you guys could give me some tips to help revise because I'm going into year 11 and feel so behind! Thank you.
Hi!

I personally found it really useful to print of the specification for my subjects and use that as a guide to work through
I made flashcards with all the key points that I needed to know for each point on the specification and I learned these- I would rewrite them until I knew them and ask someone to test me on them

I'd also recommend past papers so that you know what kind of answers you need to give and what you will gain marks for

good luck in year 11!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (54)
20.93%
No (204)
79.07%

Watched Threads