Want more information about this university?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there, my names Poppy and I am currently a student at Aston University studying Politics with International Relations.

I have just finished my second year of university and I am moving onto my placement year in September.

If you have any questions about Aston University/Student Life in Birmingham please let me know!

- Poppy
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
HI! I was wondering when it comes to placement years can you go abroad or does it depend on the course that you are doing?
Also, how do you recommend making notes at university and how would you revise? Thanks!
johan asoms
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
how is the social aspect of Birmingham? it it easy to make friends?
Aston University
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
HI! I was wondering when it comes to placement years can you go abroad or does it depend on the course that you are doing?
Also, how do you recommend making notes at university and how would you revise? Thanks!
Hi there!

Aston offers a range of different placements for all courses - while some language courses have a compulsory year abroad, any placement student can apply to do their placements abroad.

(I have added a link below for you to see more about placements at Aston!)

https://www2.aston.ac.uk/careers

I recommend taking short easy to read notes on a laptop or tablet at university as there is a lot of content and it is quicker and easier to get it down on a laptop rather than writing!

In my personal revision experience I like to re-write my notes, going over anything I didn’t understand.

Another important aspect of revision is reading, in your module you will find set literature to read and this is very important when revising.

Aston also has something called “Aston replay” where you can rewatch your lecturers so I have often made use of that in my revision too!

I hope this helps

- Poppy
Aston University
Rep:
?
(Original post by johan asoms)
how is the social aspect of Birmingham? it it easy to make friends?
Birmingham is a vibrant city with lots to do so you will never be bored living there!

In addition to broad street (full of pubs and clubs), digbeth hosts lots of food events such as Digbeth dining club that is worth checking out!

Birmingham also has a sea world, ghetto golf and of course the bullring with lots of places to eat and shop.

I will put some links below as to things I think are worth checking out in Birmingham!

https://visitbirmingham.com/things-to-see-and-do

In regards to making friends at university I have found the best way to do this is get involved in clubs and societies - they hold mixers where first years can meet and find friends (I even turned up alone to one and that’s where I met my best friends).

I hope this helps!

- Poppy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads