My sister is in another abusive relationship

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Picture the druggy group in your area, she is part of that.

She got into her first abusive relationship about 2 years ago, and she finally got out and split up with the guy. Now she’s met someone new and he is again abusive.

It’s harsh but I have little sympathy this time. In the last relationship I would continuously drive to pick her up from there, phones the police countless of times. And because she didn’t want to press charges, nothing got done.

I can’t be bothered to do it all over again.

I would be more sympathetic if she didn’t constantly put the family through crap all the time.

Any advice on this situation
Y13throwaway
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
not much, advise her to gtfo. if she doesn't listen just live your life; let her do what she wants.
Kickboxing44
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Tell her to do one. She is the one that keeps making stupid decisions, and one day they could get her seriously injured or killed. But its her choice to stay in these dysfunctional relationships
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Y13throwaway)
not much, advise her to gtfo. if she doesn't listen just live your life; let her do what she wants.
(Original post by Kickboxing44)
Tell her to do one. She is the one that keeps making stupid decisions, and one day they could get her seriously injured or killed. But its her choice to stay in these dysfunctional relationships
I try but the fact that I live with her majority of the situation is revolved with that
Kickboxing44
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I try but the fact that I live with her majority of the situation is revolved with that
If shes dragging you into it, then she is probably also a drama queen and a toxic influence in her own relationships. Doubt shes innocent either really.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kickboxing44)
If shes dragging you into it, then she is probably also a drama queen and a toxic influence in her own relationships. Doubt shes innocent either really.
Yeah I highly doubt she is, that’s what makes it even more frustrating
Kickboxing44
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah I highly doubt she is, that’s what makes it even more frustrating
Yeah, 'like attracts like' as they say. You don't have to participate in the life of somebody you live with though, especially if they are a drama queen. Try to make yourself less available in situations where she wants emotional support from you. Another trait of toxic people is that they will try to hijack your life by saying that 'you're the only person' that can fix their problems.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
you live with her? do you live with your parents as well? if so what do they say?

does she bring him over and does he bring drugs into your house? what kind of abuse is it - is it physical?

i've seen my parents and friends deal with self destructive family members. there's nothing you can do because if someone wants to do it, they will find a way to do it. i say this also as someone who can be quite self destructive.

all you can do is say 'not in my house' and perhaps 'don't come running to me next time you're in trouble' - because it's possible she knows she can depend on you for help and so that's her safety net. you need to let her know there is no safety net. if there's no safety net, the risk doesn't look as great.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Joleee)
you live with her? do you live with your parents as well? if so what do they say?

does she bring him over and does he bring drugs into your house? what kind of abuse is it - is it physical?

i've seen my parents and friends deal with self destructive family members. there's nothing you can do because if someone wants to do it, they will find a way to do it. i say this also as someone who can be quite self destructive.

all you can do is say 'not in my house' and perhaps 'don't come running to me next time you're in trouble' - because it's possible she knows she can depend on you for help and so that's her safety net. you need to let her know there is no safety net. if there's no safety net, the risk doesn't look as great.
Yeah I live with my parents- as much as they try they won’t kick her out or anything like that. She does often bring drugs into the house but she isn’t allowed to have her boyfriends over
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (275)
56.47%
I don't have everything I need (212)
43.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed