Eiwjebsbsbsb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I was just curious because I was just wondering if people’s are going back to uni this year or all online? I am a new student at university of Edinburgh I’m not too sure if UFOE will be open this year???
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Depends on your university and degree I suppose.
Mine will restart but that’s because it’s impossible for my degree to be done wholly online. Lots of other degrees are like that too.
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Eiwjebsbsbsb)
I was just curious because I was just wondering if people’s are going back to uni this year or all online? I am a new student at university of Edinburgh I’m not too sure if UFOE will be open this year???
Hi Eiwjebsbsbsb,

As the previous poster said, it is likely to vary a lot between the course and also the university itself (as some courses may be impossibl to do online). I know that Hull are implementing a blended learning approach for that reason with a combination of face to face and online sessions. I also am aware that the library is open on reduced hours for students to use (with social distancing implemented etc).

Hopefully the university will email you to keep you updated!

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep
JJJJJAAAAMES
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Why google the question and get the answer straight away, when you can upload a post on a chat room and wait days to get answers.

this is big brain time
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Eiwjebsbsbsb

As the others have said this will depend on your university and course. I would recommend keeping an eye out for any emails the university sends regarding your course. You could also try and contact your uni and see if they have decided how the course will be taught.

Zaira
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
With this kind of query, checking your university’s website is nearly always going to be the quickest way to find an answer. The University of Edinburgh has a link on the front page of its website to its coronavirus guidance.

According to the website, courses at Edinburgh will be taught with a hybrid model, with some classes online and some in person.
https://www.ed.ac.uk/students/welcom...ybrid-teaching
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi!!

I guess it depends on your university - you need to check. Some universities are 100% online, others are 50/50 - such as lectures online but seminars are face to face.

My university is online for lectures but open for seminars - find out about your uni

Marlena - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads