Turn on thread page Beta

Do you support the BNP? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidney thief)
    nobody is making the BNP scapegoats for anything. they dont have, and never will have, enough of a grip over the fearful and disillusioned members of society to have any sort of meaningful impact on UK policies. This is because the majority of the great British public actually have more sense than the BNP give them credit for than to swallow the crap that those scare/hatemongers spout.
    i see a few threads a week either about the BNP or that turn into a discussion about them.

seems like they do have people talking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    you just look stupid now. so please leave or at least participate properly, rather than the obvious editing of quotes you currently engage in, to try and make it look like people are saying something they clearly arent.
    Erm... to be fair, you sound stupid. You said:

"as for the BNP. they are exactly the same as any other political party. liars. its not just them. thats the point. making them scapegoats is pitiful."

which I took to mean:

"as for the BNP. they are exactly the same as any other political party. liars. its not just them. thats the point. making them scapegoats is pitiful."

I said:

"Wrong. Other parties don't base their policies on race."

Which is referring specifically to:

"as for the BNP. they are exactly the same as any other political party."

The "liars" bit which I omitted is irrelevant to my argument, as it still stands with its inclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Erm... to be fair, you sound stupid. You said:

which I took to mean:

I said:

"Wrong. Other parties don't base their policies on race."

Which is referring specifically to:

"as for the BNP. they are exactly the same as any other political party."

The "liars" bit which I omitted is irrelevant to my argument, as it still stands with its inclusion.
    irrelevant to your argument as it totally blows it out of the water.

perhaps i should have used a comma rather than a full stop. either way you're really twisting.

ReputationRep:
    Do I really need to spell it out:

You suggested that the BNP were the same as any other party because they all lie. I, sensing your attempt at trying to equate the BNP, indicated that they are not the same as any other party because they base most of their policies on race.

ReputationRep:
    Do I really need to spell it out:

You suggested that the BNP were the same as any other party because they all lie. I, sensing your attempt at trying to equate the BNP, indicated that they are not the same as any other party because they base most of their policies on race.
    equate to what? all the other lying political parties out there.

you may not like them, frankly i dont have much time for them either, but where they are elected they have an equal voice to anyone else.

if you think they should have less of a voice because you dont like them, then thats your problem.

ReputationRep:
    i see a few threads a week either about the BNP or that turn into a discussion about them.
    yea, because students, the majority of whom can't vote yet anyway, discussing the absurdity of the BNP is really going to win the BNP the next general election, isn't it?

wise up

seems like they do have people talking.
    yes talking about how wrong they are. you seem to forget the fact that a overwhelming majority of posters condemn the BNP (see poll)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidney thief)
    yea, because students, the majority of whom can't vote yet anyway, discussing the absurdity of the BNP is really going to win the BNP the next general election, isn't it?

wise up

yes talking about how wrong they are. you seem to forget the fact that a overwhelming majority of posters condemn the BNP (see poll)
    i dont think anyone suggested they were going to win the election.

and "wrong" is opinion, not fact. im happy to sit and discuss matters all night with anyone who wishes to do so.

fools who have nothing more than "they are wrong" arent worth the effort.

goodnight

ReputationRep:
    equate to what? all the other lying political parties out there.
    Equating to mainstream politics
    you may not like them, frankly i dont have much time for them either, but where they are elected they have an equal voice to anyone else.
    Now you're changing the subject. Are you still saying that they are the same as other parties?

if you think they should have less of a voice because you dont like them, then thats your problem.
    .. Other than being a completely stupid thing to say, I will leave this point. You clearly feel distressed when I leave out any of your original post.

ReputationRep:
    Equating to mainstream politics

Now you're changing the subject. Are you still saying that they are the same as other parties?

.. Other than being a completely stupid thing to say, I will leave this point. You clearly feel distressed when I leave out any of your original post.
    if you only had "mainstream", it wouldnt be much of a political stage.

as for being the same, damn right they are.

come election time they'll have their name on the ballots like every other party/person and they'll stand for what they think, just like everyone else will.

you can talk about whatever you want to cloud the issue, but the basic cold fact is they are a political party, with their objectives, who legally stand in elections. if you dont like them, dont vote for them!

thats your choice in that fragile concept that is democracy.

now get over it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with them, on the basis that while the preservation of English culture is an issue, I barely have a drop of English blood in me. My grandfather lived in India for a great deal of his life, and my dad is half Pakistani. In fact, the only blood I probably don't have is English, but I've lived here all my life - so would I stay while a great deal of my family goes?

ReputationRep:
    and "wrong" is opinion, not fact. im happy to sit and discuss matters all night with anyone who wishes to do so.

fools who have nothing more than "they are wrong" arent worth the effort.

goodnight
    as for the BNP. they are exactly the same as any other political party. liars. its not just them. thats the point. making them scapegoats is pitiful.

what a wonderfully objective remark :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    if you only had "mainstream", it wouldnt be much of a political stage.

as for being the same, damn right they are.

come election time they'll have their name on the ballots like every other party/person and they'll stand for what they think, just like everyone else will.

you can talk about whatever you want to cloud the issue, but the basic cold fact is they are a political party, with their objectives, who legally stand in elections. if you dont like them, dont vote for them!

thats your choice in that fragile concept that is democracy.

now get over it and move on.
    You're still conveniently ignoring the fact that much of their (rather thin) manifesto is based on race. This makes them different from the other parties.
    I objected to your effort to make them seem similar to the other parties.
    Your subsequent techinicalities (i.e. they are actually a democratic party) are neither here, nor there.

ReputationRep:
    You're still conveniently ignoring the fact that much of their (rather thin) manifesto is based on race. This makes them different from the other parties.
    I objected to your effort to make them seem similar to the other parties.
    Your subsequent techinicalities (i.e. they are actually a democratic party) are neither here, nor there.
    the difference is policy.

just like the SNP is fundamentally different to the conservative party.

race is important to you, and thats fine.

ReputationRep:
    the difference is policy.

just like the SNP is fundamentally different to the conservative party.

race is important to you, and thats fine.
    No, the difference is outlook on race.

[Aside: How people can still defend the BNP after two documentaries exposing severe (and arrestable) racism, is genuinely beyond me.]

ReputationRep:
    No, the difference is outlook on race.

[Aside: How people can still defend the BNP after two documentaries exposing severe (and arrestable) racism, is genuinely beyond me.]
    indeed.

out of interest are the BNP standing in your area?

ReputationRep:
    indeed.

out of interest are the BNP standing in your area?
    yeah.

ReputationRep:
    yeah.
    that must really p!ss in your drink

My grandfather lived in India for a great deal of his life, and my dad is half Pakistani. In fact, the only blood I probably don't have is English, but I've lived here all my life - so would I stay while a great deal of my family goes?
    I was just reminded of this funny, and perhaps even relevant quote:

"...his party is called 'The Send 'Em Back Where They Come From Party'. Its policy is the compulsory repatriation of: black people, brown people, yellow people, tinged people, Jewish, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Celtic and all those who have Norman blood...

My mother has worked out that if he came to power the population of Great Britain would be reduced to one."

-The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole

Sound familiar?

ReputationRep:
    i think the BNP tap into a common market which comprises of poeple who dislike foreigners.
    this seems fair enough. when you go to london you dont want to feel like ur going on a day trip to Bangladesh, this feeling was echoed by the earlier old lady analogy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piemonster411)
    i think the BNP tap into a common market which comprises of poeple who dislike foreigners.
    So you think it is good to build a political party on something as divisive, fear-based and ridiculous as racial prejudices? Isn't that what Hitler did?

(Original post by piemonster411)
    this seems fair enough. when you go to london you dont want to feel like ur going on a day trip to Bangladesh, this feeling was echoed by the earlier old lady analogy
    I go to London regularly. I have never felt like I was in Bangladesh (the weather is too crap). It's a silly comment. I am proud that I live in a diverse culture.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.