Turn on thread page Beta

Do you support the BNP? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Statistics do not always prove something one way or another. It depends how they are presented + context etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    As 2 + 2 said, that does that not necessarily mean blacks commit more crimes. It could just mean that white judges are more likely to sentence blacks to jail.
    Black man is caught mugging and is given 8 months in prison, white man is caught mugging and gets 2 months? No, I don't think so. Yes, there is some bias, but it can't explain such a major discrepancy. Look at the incidence of reported attacks by ethnicity, for muggings and rape (find these online yourself), and you'll find the proportion of offences allegedly committed by blacks (not found guilty by a biased judge, just committed) is much higher. And I don't think there's any reason why a victim is much more likely to report a crime if the criminal was black, not white.
    Many rapes, whether white on white or black on black go unreported becase the victims are too ashamed to tell anyone. And, is this the number of reported rapes, or the number of rapes that have been through the courts and the attacker been sentenced
    It was reported rapes, so again why would a victim be more ashamed to tell the Police if the attacker was black, not white?

Virtually every time myself or my friends have been mugged or threatened with mugging (myself twice this summer) in London, it is by black men. Yes that's an anecdote, not a statistic, so what?

Clearly you are too stupid (or ignorant) to even concede this. Therefore, I don't really see any point in continuing this debate (if that's what you can call this farce).
    The man has a point. This became a farce long before we hit the 150 post mark (God, is it that far already?).

At least the vote shows the popular opinion. 56% strongly opposed, and I'm quite sure that would be representative.

And the fact that this is one of the largest current threads on TSR now really does tell us something about feelings towards the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    But sometimes the reliability of figures and context/other factors need to be considered too
    indeed, both should be looked at...

but when jools quotes a source saying 16% are jailed while only 2% of population...coming out with this : "As 2 + 2 said, that does that not necessarily mean blacks commit more crimes. It could just mean that white judges are more likely to sentence blacks to jail." clearly goes against everything the figures just imply.

perhaps its true that some minorities are unfairly treated, but to that proportion? no. i seriously doubt that, and if you can give some figures or sources, rather than a "context", then it'll look more plausible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    a foolish remark.
    From UKL's biggest fool. So don't be surprized.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    From UKL's biggest fool. So don't be surprized.
    Lol. Thanks old man. Are you even a student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    The man has a point. This became a farce long before we hit the 150 post mark (God, is it that far already?).

At least the vote shows the popular opinion. 56% strongly opposed, and I'm quite sure that would be representative.

And the fact that this is one of the largest current threads on TSR now really does tell us something about feelings towards the BNP.
    it also shows 13% (over 1 in 8) have some level of support for the BNP in its current questionable guise. quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    thats a "no, i have no examples or sources to back up my claims" then?

i thought as much.

come back when you have something to contribute.
    Sigh... I'd love to not sink to your level, but when there is so much info. at hand - it makes it too easy:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cac...c+murder&hl=en

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Lol. Thanks old man. Are you even a student?
    Nah. Do a bit of distance learning but my student days are over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    It was reported rapes, so again why would a victim be more ashamed to tell the Police if the attacker was black, not white?
    No - what I meant was that many rapes go unreported, regardless of the colour of the attacker. So if not many rapes are being reported then the figures we see for colour of the attacker are not entirely representative.

There are other ethnic groups apart from blacks though.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame this is all still going on...you have patience Bigcnee. :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    It's a shame this is all still going on...you have patience Bigcnee. :hello:
    I'm killing time before I go out to get drunk!
    Boredom, not patience, is the key element.

:hello:

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Do a bit of distance learning but my student days are over.
    Fcuk off then, you old fool. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    I'm killing time before I go out to get drunk!
    Boredom, not patience, is the key element.

:hello:
    What do you drink from? Thimble or pipette?

ReputationRep:
    No - what I meant was that many rapes go unreported, regardless of the colour of the attacker. So if not many rapes are being reported then the figures we see for colour of the attacker are not entirely representative.
    The number of reported rapes is still in it's thousands and thus a large enough sample size to get an accurate general picture.
    There are other ethnic groups apart from blacks though.
    For crime (specifically mugging, rape and petty theft), there's a huge problem with British African-Caribbeans, I haven't looked at other ethnic groups but know some (e.g. Chinese) have a much lower incidence of crime then the white population.

ReputationRep:
    What do you drink from? Thimble or pipette?
    Your mum.

ReputationRep:
    Fcuk off then, you old fool. :hmpf:
    Fcuk off Mick you thick cnut.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh... I'd love to not sink to your level, but when there is so much info. at hand - it makes it too easy:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cac...c+murder&hl=en
    a disgrace indeed but should be noted, hardly a real aim of the police, but that of a few evil people

i wonder if people involved in this sort of thing today are jailed. i doubt it.

Hmmm. Debating is fun.

ReputationRep:
    You've just given me an idea for a marketing campaign.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.