The Student Room Group

i feel like ****

Everything seems out of place and unclear. I feel as though my whole life is messed up. Me being me, I am holding back my tears, putting a brave face on and saying that i'm okay when I really am not.

I just don't know what to do. I have no idea about what's happening anymore, it's like i've lost control over my own life and everything is unclear.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I know the feeling. I spent 8 years of my life in extra education getting my MEng degree and a big student debt only to realise that I hate it as a career and I wasn't even earning more than people I went to school with that left at age 16 (some of them already have houses, nice holidays, new cars and a family), I have nothing. After working for a year I got a criminal record unfairly and gave up on my career so I'm on the dole. I don't see a point in going back into engineering anyway as the effort is way too much for the low pay. I've been trying some online opportunities but have lost thousands of pounds in doing so and I'm starting to lose hope on that. I've never had a real relationship and just rejected or friendzoned by almost all women that ever come into my life.
Original post by Nialler x
Everything seems out of place and unclear. I feel as though my whole life is messed up. Me being me, I am holding back my tears, putting a brave face on and saying that i'm okay when I really am not.

I just don't know what to do. I have no idea about what's happening anymore, it's like i've lost control over my own life and everything is unclear.

hey its gonna be ok, ok? just hang in there
u should talk to someone, probably in real life...like ur friend or ur mum or ur sibling?

i have no idea what ur going through so i cant give any more advice that that, but it will get better soon (:
Reply 3
Theres nothing wrong with crying or showing that you're upset.
Do you think this is a result of lockdown? :console:

Aww is everything ok. Everything is gonna be fine dw. Im here if u wanna talk :smile:
:console: :hugs:
My PMs are open to my favourite Directioner.

It's okay to have a breakdown and let it all out. It might be worth finding someone you trust and just venting. If not, write down everything and rip it up/burn it. Remember that you are the sole co-coordinator of your life and while it may not look like it now, it'll all fall into place. :yep:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I know the feeling. I spent 8 years of my life in extra education getting my MEng degree and a big student debt only to realise that I hate it as a career and I wasn't even earning more than people I went to school with that left at age 16 (some of them already have houses, nice holidays, new cars and a family), I have nothing. After working for a year I got a criminal record unfairly and gave up on my career so I'm on the dole. I don't see a point in going back into engineering anyway as the effort is way too much for the low pay. I've been trying some online opportunities but have lost thousands of pounds in doing so and I'm starting to lose hope on that. I've never had a real relationship and just rejected or friendzoned by almost all women that ever come into my life.

I'm sorry to hear that :sorry:
I don't know what to say :frown:

Original post by vix.xvi
hey its gonna be ok, ok? just hang in there
u should talk to someone, probably in real life...like ur friend or ur mum or ur sibling?

i have no idea what ur going through so i cant give any more advice that that, but it will get better soon (:

Thank you so much!
I can't think straight hence why I don't know what to say :frown:

Original post by LovelyMrFox
Theres nothing wrong with crying or showing that you're upset.
Do you think this is a result of lockdown? :console:

It's not that i'm embarrassed of being upset and crying, it's just that I have to be happy with the way my life is right now.
Yeah, lockdown made things worse tbh

Original post by dj_ad_1
Aww is everything ok. Everything is gonna be fine dw. Im here if u wanna talk :smile:

Thank you
I'm sorry I don't know what else to say :frown:

Original post by RazzzBerries
:console: :hugs:
My PMs are open to my favourite Directioner.

It's okay to have a breakdown and let it all out. It might be worth finding someone you trust and just venting. If not, write down everything and rip it up/burn it. Remember that you are the sole co-coordinator of your life and while it may not look like it now, it'll all fall into place. :yep:

Awwwww, I love how you remember that i'm a directioner :biggrin:

Thank you
Awwwww, I love how you remember that i'm a directioner :biggrin:

Thank you

:lol:

It's okay! Sending virtual huggles, I hope you feel better soon :hugs: :heart:
that's how I felt at the start of the year, and I felt like that again yesterday. I hope you feel better soon:console:
Original post by RazzzBerries
:lol:

It's okay! Sending virtual huggles, I hope you feel better soon :hugs: :heart:

Thankkk youuuu :ta:

Original post by KelsieTaylor
that's how I felt at the start of the year, and I felt like that again yesterday. I hope you feel better soon:console:

Thank you, I hope you feel better soon too :console:
Hello ! I'm so sorry to hear you are going through a bad time. Hopefully it won't last for too long and you will feel back to yourself soon. If you want to PM me, then you are more than welcome. Lisa x
Original post by markova21
Hello ! I'm so sorry to hear you are going through a bad time. Hopefully it won't last for too long and you will feel back to yourself soon. If you want to PM me, then you are more than welcome. Lisa x

Thank you :smile:
While I don't know your experiences and what you're going through exactly, I can definitely relate.
I had some REALLY bad years during my undergraduate and I was even flirting with the idea of hurting myself.... Eventually though things turned around for the better. You have to get through the rain if you're ever going to see a rainbow.
Just remember that no matter how doom and gloom it might feel, there's always something in everyone's life worth fighting for and every bad experience you have can only make you stronger which I find is a comforting thought to have.

I know this year has been particularly draining but it'll all get better soon! Don't worry!
Original post by MikeyV77
While I don't know your experiences and what you're going through exactly, I can definitely relate.
I had some REALLY bad years during my undergraduate and I was even flirting with the idea of hurting myself.... Eventually though things turned around for the better. You have to get through the rain if you're ever going to see a rainbow.
Just remember that no matter how doom and gloom it might feel, there's always something in everyone's life worth fighting for and every bad experience you have can only make you stronger which I find is a comforting thought to have.

I know this year has been particularly draining but it'll all get better soon! Don't worry!

I know, I understand. I mean I make motivational videos relating to all of this but you know when you're just in that zone where you just feel really down in the dumps and you can't do anything to fell better, that's how I feel rn.

This year's been full of tears, pain, surprises and destruction.
Get off the internet, take a break from the screens. Get fresh air, write down positives, write down what you want to do in life that is achievable and make things clear for yourself again. We all have these moments
I can't go outside as it's raining a lot and it's really windy. Sadly, seeing the weather really bad makes things even more depressing.
I can't go outside as it's raining a lot and it's really windy. Sadly, seeing the weather really bad makes things even more depressing.

I *sometimes* find the sound of rain soothing, like it is washing away all the badness out of my life and blowing the crap away.
Do a bit of exercise, and eat some chocolate (these are both short term ways)
Try out my suggestion about writing, so many times I have discovered what I want by writing and not thinking about what I am writing, just going with the flow whether it makes sense or not.
Okay, thank you so much :smile:
i get it. one of my friends just died. not close enouh to know his fave colour or food but close enough to cry. i dont know what to do or where to turn. i feel sick and tired and just want to close my eyes and sleep. but i cant.
:console:

Quick Reply

Latest