Med school with Psychology & biology undergrad?

Watch
Mik connoisseur
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi,
I'm considering taking a biology with psychology undergrad degree at Keele. I didn't take any sciences at A-levels (psychology, sociology, philosophy), yet if I do biology with psychology, would there be a chance of me getting into any medical school?

I appreciate it
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Mik connoisseur)
Hi,
I'm considering taking a biology with psychology undergrad degree at Keele. I didn't take any sciences at A-levels (psychology, sociology, philosophy), yet if I do biology with psychology, would there be a chance of me getting into any medical school?

I appreciate it
Hi there.

Keele's a-level entry requirements in order to study a combined honours degree for biology and psychology are A Level requirement ABC/BBB and should include 1 science A level (Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, Environmental Science, Applied Science, Statistics, Sports Science and Psychology). Therefore, the fact you studied psychology at A-level would give you a chance!

However, the downside is that Keele no longer offer a post graduate medicine degree. I just wanted to make you aware of this in case you didn't know.

If you have any more questions then pleasse do let me know!
Mik connoisseur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador)
Hi there.

Keele's a-level entry requirements in order to study a combined honours degree for biology and psychology are A Level requirement ABC/BBB and should include 1 science A level (Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, Environmental Science, Applied Science, Statistics, Sports Science and Psychology). Therefore, the fact you studied psychology at A-level would give you a chance!

However, the downside is that Keele no longer offer a post graduate medicine degree. I just wanted to make you aware of this in case you didn't know.

If you have any more questions then pleasse do let me know!
Thank you for your reply. May I ask, if any other universities in the country offer medicine degrees after completing such undergraduate degree?
I appreciate it
Keele University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Mik connoisseur)
Thank you for your reply. May I ask, if any other universities in the country offer medicine degrees after completing such undergraduate degree?
I appreciate it
There are quite a few, yes.

In the wider Midlands area, Manchester Metropolitan University offer a range of postgraduate medicine courses, the University of Nottingham offer a Graduate Entry Medicine BMBS, and the University of Birmingham offer a MBChB Graduate Entry Medicine and Surgery. Entry requirements for these courses vary - for example, Birmingham's course is only open to graduates with an undergraduate degree in a life science subject.

Do bear in mind however that course offerings change year on year so some courses may not be available by the time you complete your undergraduate programme. Equally though, new courses offerings may become available during that period!

Amy
Mik connoisseur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keele University)
There are quite a few, yes.

In the wider Midlands area, Manchester Metropolitan University offer a range of postgraduate medicine courses, the University of Nottingham offer a Graduate Entry Medicine BMBS, and the University of Birmingham offer a MBChB Graduate Entry Medicine and Surgery. Entry requirements for these courses vary - for example, Birmingham's course is only open to graduates with an undergraduate degree in a life science subject.

Do bear in mind however that course offerings change year on year so some courses may not be available by the time you complete your undergraduate programme. Equally though, new courses offerings may become available during that period!

Amy
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (60)
22.06%
Excited but a bit nervous (124)
45.59%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.87%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.49%

Watched Threads