KCL 2021 Undergraduate Applicants Thread!

Watch
nyx2911
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by hugopez)
1. What A-levels are you taking and what grades are you hoping for? International student, A*AA equivalent already achieved
2. What subject(s) are you applying to at KCL? Law
3. What were your GCSE grades? N/A
4. Why KCL? Great university and great location
5. Which other unis are you applying to? Durham, Bristol, York, Birmingham
6. Have you gone to any of the (virtual?) open days for KCL? No
hey whens your LNAT?
madpaddington
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by nyx2911)
hey whens your LNAT?
It's on Monday and I'm so nervous lol. When's yours?
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ahh, all the best!! Mine is on the 13th! I just subscribed to the arbitio pack so let's see how that goes. if you were using arbitio, what were you averaging?
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ahh, all the best!! Mine is on the 13th! I just subscribed to the arbitio pack so let's see how that goes. if you were using arbitio, what were you averaging?
Oh your LNAT is coming up soon as well, good luck! That's a really good decision - I've been using Arbitio too and I genuinely feel like I get better after every test I write. I've been getting around 21/22... my lowest score was 17 and my highest was 23. Obviously I'm aiming much higher for the actual test but I'm fairly happy with my Arbitio scores because I know they're designed to be harder. What about you? What grades are you applying with if you don't mind me asking?
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Oh your LNAT is coming up soon as well, good luck! That's a really good decision - I've been using Arbitio too and I genuinely feel like I get better after every test I write. I've been getting around 21/22... my lowest score was 17 and my highest was 23. Obviously I'm aiming much higher for the actual test but I'm fairly happy with my Arbitio scores because I know they're designed to be harder. What about you? What grades are you applying with if you don't mind me asking?
ah good to know, I gave the 2nd arbitio test rn and scored 17:/ I'm gonna practice every day so fingers are crossed!
Oh, where are you from? I'm also an international applicant (from India), applying with achieved grades equivalent to A*A*A*, my GCSE equivalents were about ABB (i was part of the first batch to give that exam). I'm getting my PS reviewed by the TSR reviewers rn so hopefully I'll send off my application by next weekend
jisakat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’ve been getting average of 22 on arborio, not sure if it’s something I should be worrying about as I am hoping for at least 27 in the real lnat exam
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by jisakat)
I’ve been getting average of 22 on arborio, not sure if it’s something I should be worrying about as I am hoping for at least 27 in the real lnat exam
Same here🤞🏼
madpaddington
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ah good to know, I gave the 2nd arbitio test rn and scored 17:/ I'm gonna practice every day so fingers are crossed!
Oh, where are you from? I'm also an international applicant (from India), applying with achieved grades equivalent to A*A*A*, my GCSE equivalents were about ABB (i was part of the first batch to give that exam). I'm getting my PS reviewed by the TSR reviewers rn so hopefully I'll send off my application by next weekend
Don't stress too much about your Arbitio scores, you'll probably achieve a higher score on the real thing! I'm British but I live in Canada and considered international as I have lived here for about 7 years. Your grades are amazing, I'm sure you will do very well with your offers! I sent my application off already so now it's just a waiting game :/
melissadx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
1. A-levels in maths, history and english lit with A*A*A predictions
2. Philosophy, politics and law
3. 999999988D*
4. The course looks super interesting and the uni is prestigious
5. Glasgow and Strathclyde definitely, now in a toss up between cardiff liverpool and warwick for the final two spots lol
6. Unfortunately not

Also taking my LNAT on tuesday (6th Oct.) and bricking it
MillieH123
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
I couldn't find a thread for KCL 2021 applicants, so here goes.

1. What A-levels are you taking and what grades are you hoping for?
2. What subject(s) are you applying to at KCL?
3. What were your GCSE grades?
4. Why KCL?
5. Which other unis are you applying to?
6. Have you gone to any of the (virtual?) open days for KCL?

Edit: this thread by StrawberryDreams has links to all the other university applicant threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.
j
hj
Jjjjjjj
Last edited by MillieH123; 6 months ago
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MillieH123)
1) I'm taking History, English Literature and Religious Studies (Philosophy) - predicted 3 A*s
2) I'm applying for LLB Law
3) I got 99999988888B (B in further maths)
4) KCL allows me to live in London (amazing centre for Law), it has a prestigious reputation for Law, and the course seems relatively flexible and super interesting.
5) I'm also applying to Cambridge, Leeds, Exeter and Lancaster
6) I haven't done any open days
hey! I'm applying for law too when are you giving the LNAT?
MillieH123
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
hey! I'm applying for law too when are you giving the LNAT?
I'm doing the LNAT on the 20th november - KCL was kind of a last minute decision and all the spaces had been taken up near me. Plus I need to practice! I'm not too worried about getting in, I'll be happy with any of my 5 choices tbh
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by madpaddington)
All the best!
let us know how it goes
what were you averaging on arbitio towards the end?
username3837902
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

4. Why KCL?

Edit: this thread by StrawberryDreams has links to all the other university applicant threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6630884
1. history, french, and maths - predicted A*A*A* in that order (but I don't think an A* in maths is going to happen lmao)
2. history
3. 7 A*s, 2 As (in physics and biology)
4. i love london! more specifically, the history course seems great (i like how broad it is as opposed to very specific modules at other universities) and i really like their teaching style (mostly essays with fewer lectures which a lot of people seem to hate but I prefer it)
5. oxford, ucl, manchester, and either york or bristol, really need to decide soon
6. no, i only recently decided on kcl
justjas33
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ladouleurexquise)
1. history, french, and maths - predicted A*A*A* in that order (but I don't think an A* in maths is going to happen lmao)
2. history
4. i love london! more specifically, the history course seems great (i like how broad it is as opposed to very specific modules at other universities) and i really like their teaching style (mostly essays with fewer lectures which a lot of people seem to hate but I prefer it)
5. oxford, ucl, manchester, and either york or bristol, really need to decide soon
Hey, what made u decide on KCL? I’m in a similar situ to you (also applying for History) - I’ve decided on Edinburgh, Exeter, Leeds and Bristol (v recently) but my 5th choice keeps changing between KCL, St Andrews and Southampton😅
username3837902
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by justjas33)
Hey, what made u decide on KCL? I’m in a similar situ to you (also applying for History) - I’ve decided on Edinburgh, Exeter, Leeds and Bristol (v recently) but my 5th choice keeps changing between KCL, St Andrews and Southampton😅
hi! for me the main thing was that i know i'd so much prefer to live in a big city, especially london, than a town or the countryside, so out of your options i'd go for kcl immediately haha, but when i was deciding whether i definitely wanted to go to kcl i looked at the course modules a lot (it's under the 'teaching and structure' bit on https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...ses/history-ba) and liked that they offered a broad overview of pretty much everything in modern-ish history. that's just personal preference though, if you'd prefer a tighter-knit community and aren't super interested in clubbing and stuff, st. andrew's might be better (i don't know anything about their modules and stuff though)

personally i prefer ucl over king's though so if you're interested in studying in london i'd look into that too!
justjas33
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
hi! for me the main thing was that i know i'd so much prefer to live in a big city, especially london, than a town or the countryside, so out of your options i'd go for kcl immediately haha, but when i was deciding whether i definitely wanted to go to kcl i looked at the course modules a lot (it's under the 'teaching and structure' bit on https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...ses/history-ba) and liked that they offered a broad overview of pretty much everything in modern-ish history. that's just personal preference though, if you'd prefer a tighter-knit community and aren't super interested in clubbing and stuff, st. andrew's might be better (i don't know anything about their modules and stuff though)

personally i prefer ucl over king's though so if you're interested in studying in london i'd look into that too!
Ahh ik!! I’ve already looked and I love the modules that KCL have to offer, I’m a massive fan of modern history so it’s great that they focus on that. Pretty much the only thing putting me off KCL is how expensive London is :/
Plus after my history undergrad I wanted to study in London so I’m not sure if I wanted to be in London beforehand (but all that ofc could change so I’m trying not to pay attention to that much!)

Oh oml I would most definitely apply to UCL but my maths gcse doesn’t make the cut - secondary sch was a difficult time for me lol.

Ty for the advice
Really wish I could visit at least Kings, it would help me loads as I’m so indecisive
17chloe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

4. Why KCL?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6630884
1. biology (A), chemistry (A*), maths (A*), further maths (A)
2. chemistry msci
3. 99998888776
4. the course looks amazing and it’s in central london aka my favourite place
5. oxford, imperial, ucl, uob
6. yessir
pippin110
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
1. Politics, History and English (predicted A* A* A)
2. History
3. GCSEs - 9999888777
4. The history course is amazing and I love the London location!
5. Cambridge, LSE, UCL and Exeter
6. I think I went to the personal statement one back in June/July
pippin110
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
2. history
I'm applying to UCL for history too : ) I love Kings' course so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads