The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I want to transfer to Political Economy but they say it’s full. Do you have an offer?

I have an offer for a different course. I also wanted to transfer.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
:headfire:

Spoiler

I have an offer for a different course. I also wanted to transfer.

I don’t know why we can’t. Political Economy is still in UCAS extra and offers were being made just this week, so there must be some places available.
I want to die. Never took history, LNAT 21 and got a history offer
Is anyone still waiting for international relations?
I want to die. Never took history, LNAT 21 and got a history offer

Today?
is there any gc for offer holders?
Original post by bored_user:)
Youve all asked similar questions.

As a first year, I would not advise any of you to go into accommodation if corona continues. It just isnt worth it. Its a lot worse than living at home. Unless youre doing degrees where you have to be on campus (i.e Medicine, Dentistry etc.) You shouldnt really move onto Campus. It isnt worth it.

And considering the lockdown, I do believe that KCL is the best uni when it comes to treating its students properly and listening to them. I cant speak for other departments but my experience with the Physics department has been amazing. They actually listen to you no matter how busy they are and reply to emails within a few minutes during working hours. They implement the changes you want if you have a point. A lot of the changes I wanted were implemented, feedback for your coursework is amazing. Making friends is super easy, just join societies and message students who are in your class. Please attend online lectures, I know a lot of people who didnt and know theyre regretting it. Lectures will definitely be online when you all start uni, if corona rates are low then youll have tutorials and labs on campus, if not then everything will be online. But I promise you, you can make the most of it. And this was definitely the best year of my life despite whats been going on!

Do you know of any doing pharmacy and their thoughts about it at kings ? I can’t seem to find any info and starting to feel worried.
I have to upload my results by early August on kings apply however they take ages to reply on there, took them about 3 months for my query. What do I do to double check the type of documents I need ? Do I just screenshot my grades and upload ? That feels fraudulent. I don’t understand why they have no contact details
I have to upload my results by early August on kings apply however they take ages to reply on there, took them about 3 months for my query. What do I do to double check the type of documents I need ? Do I just screenshot my grades and upload ? That feels fraudulent. I don’t understand why they have no contact details

I am in the same boat

Same! I contacted them on kings apply and it took them a whole month to get back to me. I was really confused
Hi anybody with pre settled status? What kind of offer did you receive? ( fee)

I just checked my offer letter. See below. Also lucky I saw your post or wouldn’t have noticed that I had to send it within two weeks excepting the offer.

“we will need you to verify your qualifications. You can do this by sending scanned copies of your certificates to the admissions team as an attachment on a King’s Apply message. The scan will then become automatically attached to your application. We need to see the certificates that demonstrate you meet the minimum entry requirements for the programme of study”
I just checked my offer letter. See below. Also lucky I saw your post or wouldn’t have noticed that I had to send it within two weeks excepting the offer.

“we will need you to verify your qualifications. You can do this by sending scanned copies of your certificates to the admissions team as an attachment on a King’s Apply message. The scan will then become automatically attached to your application. We need to see the certificates that demonstrate you meet the minimum entry requirements for the programme of study”

I’m a mature student and had to do the same. Had to do it through UCAS and then again for King’s apply and City as well.
I’m a mature student and had to do the same. Had to do it through UCAS and then again for King’s apply and City as well.

Also, City said there is a database where most exam results are stored but not all of them. So City only asked for some of my results.
Do you know of any doing pharmacy and their thoughts about it at kings ? I can’t seem to find any info and starting to feel worried.

I do have a few friends in that department yes. What questions do you have?

Also, City said there is a database where most exam results are stored but not all of them. So City only asked for some of my results.

Yes the schools are meant to put the results on a central database, but I checked and my school hasn’t, so if they look there it looks like I have no qualifications. The exam boards have my results tho and I have the certificates so it’s ok I guess.

Yes the schools are meant to put the results on a central database, but I checked and my school hasn’t, so if they look there it looks like I have no qualifications. The exam boards have my results tho and I have the certificates so it’s ok I guess.

Question
By ‘accepting my the offer do they mean firming/ insure
Typo
By ‘accepting the offer’ do the mean firming/ insuring kcl? I thought it means 2 weeks after we get our results, so for me it’s in August

I didnt notice this on my offer letter until i read this😭i accepted my offer 2 months ago and didnt send them i hope it isnt too big of a deal

Latest