0%
DUP (0)
0%
7xm2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As a Pole I cant really vote but then again is there any libertarians here (right wing liberals) or classical liberals? while i might seem to be a Tory i dislike them as much as I dislike to put it nicely Labour. But then again what can I do...
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 7xm2)
Why isn't there a good libertarian party like the Liberal party (not Lib Dem)as I hate Labour and Tories, just power hungry bureaucrats.
There 'is' a UK LIbertarian Party just no one is yet to get above 1% of their constituency vote and I don't think there were more than a handful of candidates in the last election, but I agree with that they are just power hungry bureaucrats ...I think we are just too niche and hard of a concept for people, a liberal right wing person :eek:...hopefully one day we do have a libertarian government what's the worst that could happen....hmm

Spoiler:
Show
If you feel like discussing Libertarian viewpoints, here on TSR we have a Model House of Commons (MHoC) in which we have a libertarian party although some members are quite conservative on their social viewpoints (strangely) we all are very economically 'liberal', and I am personally both liberal in both senses.
7xm2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Max1989)
There 'is' a UK LIbertarian Party just no one is yet to get above 1% of their constituency vote and I don't think there were more than a handful of candidates in the last election, but I agree with that they are just power hungry bureaucrats ...I think we are just too niche and hard of a concept for people, a liberal right wing person :eek:...hopefully one day we do have a libertarian government what's the worst that could happen....hmm

Spoiler:
Show
If you feel like discussing Libertarian viewpoints, here on TSR we have a Model House of Commons (MHoC) in which we have a libertarian party although some members are quite conservative on their social viewpoints (strangely) we all are very economically 'liberal', and I am personally both liberal in both senses.
yeah i tend to be well still hold a mix bag on social issues of conservative and liberal views but then again most of us libertarians are a mixed bag and well freedom of markets mean freedom of people, ill look into MHoc
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 7xm2)
yeah i tend to be well still hold a mix bag on social issues of conservative and liberal views but then again most of us libertarians are a mixed bag and well freedom of markets mean freedom of people, ill look into MHoc
By definition if your a mixed social bag then your not a libertarian, your at best just an economically extreme Tory with an irrational dislike fo4 them and just like the label. Libertarianism is primarily a social ideology (though most people who identify are also economic liberals).
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mattmars)
If there was an election today, which party would you vote for?
By the way, the Tories are leading this TSR poll.
DSilva
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Labour

No fan of Starmer but he'd be infinitely preferable to Johnson.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Conservatives, but I'd be holding my nose the whole time.

If Sunak gets sacked and they do something about XR and illegal immigration, I'll gladly vote for them.
Ambitious1999
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mattmars)
If there was an election today, which party would you vote for?
Won’t vote for any party in England because they all support Brexit now.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Won’t vote for any party in England because they all support Brexit now.
What about the Lib Dems?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nine of you supporting the Conservative Party? I assume you are expecting that by the time of the election they will not be led by Mr Johnson.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I assume you are expecting that by the time of the election they will not be led by Mr Johnson.
I'm expecting that Boris pulls his finger out or that we get a PM who does what Tory voters want instead of trying to be more left-wing than Labour.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Assuming that the potential parties were Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems, DUP, SDLP, Sinn Fein and Alliance:

In England, I'd lend my vote to Boris again- under extreme sufferance.
In NI, DUP and then have a long bubble bath plus wash them out of my hair.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Iñigo de Loyola)
I'm expecting that Boris pulls his finger out or that we get a PM who does what Tory voters want instead of trying to be more left-wing than Labour.
Boris cannot even muster the energy to put on a condom, so no chance of him pulling his finger out. I'm assuming you would like a Conservative Prime Minister, one who respects the monarchy, does not dodge questioning, and support/tries to understand business. Instead of a Prime Minister who is just a member of the Conservative Party.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't get your hopes up.
There are still enough wets on the government frontbench and conservative backbenches to drown the British economy in billions more
debt. :mob:
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
Labour

No fan of Starmer but he'd be infinitely preferable to Johnson.
Genuinely, what's wrong with Starmer? He's bungled a few PMQs, but I've yet to find anything particularly offensive about him other than - arguably - collaborating with Corbyn.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Assuming that the potential parties were Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems, DUP, SDLP, Sinn Fein and Alliance:

In England, I'd lend my vote to Boris again- under extreme sufferance.
In NI, DUP and then have a long bubble bath plus wash them out of my hair.
In NI I'd probably vote Ulster Unionist purely because they're the only party right of centre that aren't massively sectarian. Then again the choices in NI aren't too great:
• the various tiny Nationalist parties who are essentially just the political wings of terrorist groups
• the Shinners
• Labour, but in green
• Alliance (who I'd actually support if they weren't so pro-EU)
• the UUP who are mostly ineffectual due to the rise of
Save Ulster from Sodomy v2.0 the DUP.

No thanks.
(Original post by barnetlad)
Boris cannot even muster the energy to put on a condom, so no chance of him pulling his finger out. I'm assuming you would like a Conservative Prime Minister, one who respects the monarchy, does not dodge questioning, and support/tries to understand business. Instead of a Prime Minister who is just a member of the Conservative Party.
Yes. There's a difference between being conservative and being a Conservative. Boris might be Conservative, but he sure as heck isn't conservative in any sense of the term.
(Original post by londonmyst)
Don't get your hopes up.
There are still enough wets on the government frontbench and conservative backbenches to drown the British economy in billions more
debt. :mob:
*cough* Sunak *cough*
Ambitious1999
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’d vote SNP if I was in Scotland but seen as I’m in England I won’t vote for anyone.
Gillzy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Where are the monster raving loonies and the BNP???
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gillzy)
Where are the monster raving loonies and the BNP???
There's no need for them to add a ridiculous joke party with five members to the poll, and there's no need for them to add the Monster Raving Loonies either.
Mattmars
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
There's no need for them to add a ridiculous joke party with five members to the poll, and there's no need for them to add the Monster Raving Loonies either.
Thanks from across the political divide 🤣🤣🤣.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.69%
No (278)
78.31%

Watched Threads