polkadotzebra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Does anyone know a reputable online provider for A Level Biology?

I can't find anywhere local and need to obtain it in order to apply for Uni in a year or 2 to study Nursing as a mature student

Thanks
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by polkadotzebra)

I can't find anywhere local and need to obtain it in order to apply for Uni in a year or 2 to study Nursing as a mature student

Thanks
Hi there,

The Open Study College and The National Extension College are both reputable providers who offer accredited A-levels online and will arrange the exam for you.

It's worth noting that many mature students who want to get into nursing will do an Access to Nursing course with a local college or online. This course is designed for mature students who want to progress onto a nursing degree but don't meet the requirements. The benefits of an access course are that they're more relevant to what you'll be doing at university so will help you prepare better, and they're eligible for the Advanced Learner Loan, which can cover your course fees and sometimes additional costs and gets wiped off if you progress to university.

You can learn more about access courses and search for local providers here: https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Mark
examstress2022
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by polkadotzebra)

Thanks
You don't need AL Biology for nursing. Many mature students don't even have a levels. Some unis may say 'science subject prefered' but I don't believe any say you NEED them. What uni do you want to go to?
Y1_UniMaths
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
tailored tutors
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (43)
14.83%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
32.76%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.41%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (24)
8.28%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.86%
I think it's an unfair expectation (72)
24.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.03%

Watched Threads