The Student Room Group

Speech and language therapy apprenticeship

I dropped out of University after my 1st year of studying Psychology and Counselling due to issues with SFE not providing me funding for my 2nd year. I aim to go into the career of being a Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) but now I am worried this is never going to happen because I don’t have a degree under my belt. I am looking into apprenticeships for SLT but I am having a very hard time finding one.
Can anyone give me ANY advice of how I can still go into my career path, or know anywhere I can get a SLT apprenticeship or any training courses I could do.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!!!
Original post by mangocrushxx
I dropped out of University after my 1st year of studying Psychology and Counselling due to issues with SFE not providing me funding for my 2nd year. I aim to go into the career of being a Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) but now I am worried this is never going to happen because I don’t have a degree under my belt. I am looking into apprenticeships for SLT but I am having a very hard time finding one.
Can anyone give me ANY advice of how I can still go into my career path, or know anywhere I can get a SLT apprenticeship or any training courses I could do.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

Speech and language therapy degrees get funding even if it's your second degree so you don't have to do an apprenticeship you can do the degree :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
Speech and language therapy degrees get funding even if it's your second degree so you don't have to do an apprenticeship you can do the degree :smile:

I have issues with student finance, hence why I had to drop out. Therefore I can’t get government funding. That’s why I was looking into apprenticeships cuz there’s no funding involved since I’ll be earning too.
Original post by mangocrushxx
I have issues with student finance, hence why I had to drop out. Therefore I can’t get government funding. That’s why I was looking into apprenticeships cuz there’s no funding involved since I’ll be earning too.

ah apprenticeships still have a qualification with them which involves funding so you might have to pay for that qualification yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending