The Student Room Group

✨reaching for a starinthenight:a multiyear gyg✨

[scroll]THE SEASONS TRAILER:REACHING FOR A STAR IN THE NIGHT SKY[/scroll]
hiiii my name is STAR IN THE NIGHT /previously 1HHH THIS IS MY FIRST GYG PPLLLL im a girl btw😎
51E8ED1E-AF01-4E54-823F-61C47FD100C2.gif
this is a gyg for GCSE/Alevel
THE FIRST SEASON:YEAR 11:click here
TIPS from YR 13s:tips :smile:
THE SECOND SEASON:YEAR 12:click here

Yr 11 summer checklist to ace yr 12:Click here

i go to a only girls grammar school (URGHHHH) , im also south asian a malayali specifically and i really want to get into medicine would be great 🤩imna post my resources how much i learn and my feelings as often as i can

im also aiming for all 8/ 9s and 3a*s for a level

so here goes i hope u enjoy reading my thread !!!

ps im also really nervous to start yr 11 cuz of all this CORona thing going on and gavin as our education secretary

UNIS I WOULD AIM FOR IF I GOT MEDICINE✨

Spoiler

IDOLS THAT U NEED TO KNOW✨

Spoiler

TAGS✨

Spoiler

WHY AM I SO WEIRD AND WHY ARE MY POSTS SO LONGGG?✨

Spoiler

MY LIFE GOALS

Spoiler

WHAT DA HELL AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE 😁
790279C1-A7CE-440D-A430-F7F90B4C8DAA.jpeg
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

[scroll]
[scroll]✨SEASON ONE:YEAR 11✨[/scroll]

[scroll]

ps im also really nervous to start yr 11 cuz of all this CORona thing going on and gavin as our education secretary
✨MOCK GRADES✨

Spoiler

✨CURRENT GRADES:✨

Spoiler

✨WHAT I ENDED UP GETTING

Spoiler

✨GCSE RESOURCES:✨

Spoiler

✨Dear year 9s...✨
✨if u do as follows u will get an a* 8/9
✨btw dont just make the quizlets BY HEART THEM
✨also past papers refers to every gcse exam paper that u have ever seen. so say ur doing AQA SPANISH do the other exam boards’ papers too such as EDEXCEL and OCR papers and their old spec too

Spoiler

😮YEAR 11 THOO😮
CAB1BC70-0788-4F06-88A2-371D621BA8A3.gif
(edited 2 years ago)
hey guys i finished this tasks for today and everday till school imna do a spanish folder on quizlet
i really hope that i dont ever fall in my grades and that grades in yr 10 dont count towards ur predicted
business rn but everything else is going on track rn id say im studdying 6+hrs a day

im doing tuition hwk today then going through the cgp maths book for two hours then using quizlet oh i forgot to mention that for computer science. then probably have lunch where id play with my sister then read some textbooks on macbeth
EDIT:2/04/2021 BOY WAS I WRONG WHEN EXAMS CANCELLED AGAIN
(edited 2 years ago)
also if ur reading this and have any tips for memorising spanish vocab apart from quizlet and memrise or any methods pls tell me 😅😂
Reply 4
Original post by 1hhh
also if ur reading this and have any tips for memorising spanish vocab apart from quizlet and memrise or any methods pls tell me 😅😂

hiii, personally for memorising spanish vocabulary i find difficult, i turn them into a sentence and memorise by reading it aloud as it's easier to learn words through context. i hope that helps xx
Original post by ennoid_.
hiii, personally for memorising spanish vocabulary i find difficult, i turn them into a sentence and memorise by reading it aloud as it's easier to learn words through context. i hope that helps xx

thank youuuuu😁
so today im going to focus on spanish in the morning then business studies if i thoruoghly do this well then i can finish doing one round of soanish vocab by the start of school and finish one round of bs too im getting more anxious to go to school especially as we r meant to stay in forms and my form is quite judgemental and name me and my friend as the geeks so ig i just dont wanna meet anyone apart from my friends but thats gonna have to happen sometime ok here i go for today then
okkk hi again ive just been eating out frequently recently (uk to make use of that 50 percent off)😂😂 but in my studies ive been running out of things to prepare ikkk what ur thinking but ive done literally everything for gcse i just need to keep refreshing quizlet notes ive done past papers written down the wrong questions in quizlet and done all the cgp books as well as seneca and physics and maths tutor maths genie and made revsion notes for english on all three of my books its been tiring but i think i made good use of lockdown and the holidays and feel ready to do mocks(nearly!) but maybe thats just over confidence?ive also done corbett maths and made notes for all subjects... im still working on my spanish tho because i feel the least confident in this as well as business studies.😃😃😃also im really happy that ive managed to get help from an english tutor and have managed to improve my percentage scores from assessments at school 40% to 90% so im really pleased with that
in terms of feelings there was a point in this lockdown where i had two weeks of total depression and two panic attacks abt my gcses in julyish and apparently thats called a burnout? thta wasnt very nice but im so glad i had that burn out cuz ik how far i can push myself before my mental health crashes😂😂but yh kinda nervous for school too but should be ok i hope i have done enough revsion compared to everyone else and im getting anxious of the possibility that our gcses may be cancelled i REALLY hope that doesnt happen cuz my spanish teacher dislikes me
ok thats me done ill do a report whenever i can ig😃😃😃
okokokokkokokokoko schools starting kinda nervous going to correct my business mock that i did today and im correcting all my cgp workbooks this goi8ng to take ages ive also written all my wrong questions in a separate book so that i can do it later
Reply 9
Original post by 1hhh
hiiii my name is 1hhh
this is a gyg for gcse
i go to a grammar school, im also south asian a malayali specifically and i really want to get into medicine at oxford but medicine by itself would be great 🤩imna post my resources how much i learn and my feelings as often as i can
im also aiming for all 9s
so here goes i hope u enjoy reading my thread !!!

This is the first time I've seen a Malayali do a gyg on TSR. @1hhh :smile:
Original post by Joy65
This is the first time I've seen a Malayali do a gyg on TSR. @1hhh :smile:

ayyy i mean like im doing a really rough one but its a gyg none the less
we havent had our dates for mocks yet and i am still at home studying cuz someone tested positive. currently im doing 4.5 hrs on top of school work and im doing 7hrs on the weekends i have a friend who does 8 but i cba anymore so yh literally my life that one week of school we had was really useful and im still missing my friends cuz we r. all in self isolation so that means my bday is going to be crap but there we go
Original post by 1hhh
we havent had our dates for mocks yet and i am still at home studying cuz someone tested positive. currently im doing 4.5 hrs on top of school work and im doing 7hrs on the weekends i have a friend who does 8 but i cba anymore so yh literally my life that one week of school we had was really useful and im still missing my friends cuz we r. all in self isolation so that means my bday is going to be crap but there we go

Well done for doing all this extra work! Hopefully it will pay off when your exams happen. Good luck!! :woo:
ok on my week of mocks englishnwas incredibly hard three were no qoutes to analyse and the school made the mock up also maths was incredibly hard even tho im quite good at maths apparently its the 2019 paper for business and thats tomoz and im having biology tomoz too. i genuinely think my school is unbelievably ridiculous for putting really hard mocks cuz we all gonna get low scores its so stupid and also there was one on the maths one aboute a circle and points A and B with a line L literally all the clever ppl in my class got totally different answers and they all work for some reason so oh well i really wanted to get into med but maybe being a broke idiot is more achievable rn who knows
(edited 2 years ago)
ok we finished our mocks and havent got results yet so here are my predictions for my mock results i think i will get
maths 8
english lang 7
english lit 6
biology 8
chemistry 9
physics 8
computing 7/8
spanish 8/9
rs 7/8
business 7/8
what i actually got for mocks :
maths 9
english lang 7
english lit 6
biology 8
chemistry 9
physics 9
computing 8
spanish 8
rs 8
business 8
i kinda expected this i really think its all perspective with english excuses i am making up as well cuxzim in a grammar school they r comparing with other really clever kids so ig in that way the fact that exams are cancelled is bad but at the same time im glad for all the other results also whats this talk abt mini exams like wth gavin u said they were cancelled and now ur going back like bruh dont make this into an eton mess 😂😂😂 im so hungry rn lmao
(edited 2 years ago)
if anyone has any tips whatsoever to improve my english from 7 to an 8 PLS post them below thank uuuuuuuu xxxxxxxx
okay hello again, little update exams have been cancelled-yes its been that long , im just doing my cgp books in pen going over pmt qs again and cocnetrating mostly on my english lit and lang. Im literally so worn out rn i wish we didnt have to go to school on march the 8th and ik thres gonna be a heap of assessments-hopefully easy ones to have evidence of higher grades but yh ok 👍 its all going fine im still thinking medicine, with maths biology and chemistry for a level. I also think i have dyslexia but im not really sure ive looked up the symptoms and they really fit me but idk if thats my thinking or not. ANYWAY on the academic side of things i WANT to get these grades:
maths 9
english lang 8
english lit 8
biology 9
chemistry 9
physics 9
computing 9
spanish 9
rs 9
business 9

so i need to improve business rs and english lit and lang. hopefully my grades will go up fingers crossed 🤞 oh yh we were having a debate on when to go to india cuz we cant go this summer holidays cuz of corona and neither next because ill be in the middle of a levels and ukcat bmat?
So imna make a timeline on what i hope to do in the future:
august- psychiatric experience,gp surgery and a nursing home , read through a level textbook and do some practice (biology and chemistry)
september-school opens
february-mocks
june-exams
august-ukcat
october bmat
february-mocks
june-exams
i think thats it on this update.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 1hhh
okay hello again, little update exams have been cancelled-yes its been that long , im just doing my cgp books in pen going over pmt qs again and cocnetrating mostly on my english lit and lang. Im literally so worn out rn i wish we didnt have to go to school on march the 8th and ik thres gonna be a heap of assessments-hopefully easy ones to have evidence of higher grades but yh ok 👍 its all going fine im still thinking medicine, with maths biology and chemistry for a level. I also think i have dyslexia but im not really sure ive looked up the symptoms and they really fit me but idk if thats my thinking or not. ANYWAY on the academic side of things i want to get these grades:

heyyy I'm malayali too x
Please tell me how you get them grades in maths, cus that's the bane of my life rn. I just hate revising it and I have no motivation to do anything. Also, howw do you revise for such long hours ? thats crazyy
Reply 19
Original post by not/so/studious
heyyy I'm malayali too x
Please tell me how you get them grades in maths, cus that's the bane of my life rn. I just hate revising it and I have no motivation to do anything. Also, howw do you revise for such long hours ? thats crazyy

Nice to see another Malayali in this thread. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest