Report 9 months ago
(Original post by hekopc)
I geniunity can't choose which uni is better, share your opinions pleas
Portsmouth
essex
Kingston
kent
roehampton
Hiya! I’m a second year student at Portsmouth studying Marketing with Psychology. My biggest reason for why I have loved Portsmouth is because it is a city. I was unsure about going to a city university at first but at Portsmouth everything that I need is only a 15 minute walk away from uni accommodations which makes it very accessible. Not only is everything that you need right on your doorstep but the beach is amazing, and was a big selling point for me. Portsmouth offers lots of clubs in the city centre but also lots of great pubs near the beach with a great view. I was a little worried about money when going to university but found that Portsmouth is very affordable after visiting friends at other university’s in London where it can be a little more expensive. Let me know if you have any other questions which I can help you with in your decision.
Sam- Official Student Rep
susiebe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hiya! I’m a second year student at Portsmouth studying Marketing with Psychology. My biggest reason for why I have loved Portsmouth is because it is a city. I was unsure about going to a city university at first but at Portsmouth everything that I need is only a 15 minute walk away from uni accommodations which makes it very accessible. Not only is everything that you need right on your doorstep but the beach is amazing, and was a big selling point for me. Portsmouth offers lots of clubs in the city centre but also lots of great pubs near the beach with a great view. I was a little worried about money when going to university but found that Portsmouth is very affordable after visiting friends at other university’s in London where it can be a little more expensive. Let me know if you have any other questions which I can help you with in your decision.
Sam- Official Student Rep
Thanks Sam
Thats great news as my daughter is joining Portsmouth Uni next month studying Biochemistry.
We got a nice feel for it from the Open Day we attended.
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by hekopc)
I geniunity can't choose which uni is better, share your opinions pleas
Portsmouth
essex
Kingston
kent
roehampton
If you can, try and attend an Open Day (even a virtual one) for each uni. Each person has different priorities when choosing a university - some like city unis, some like to be campus-based. Some prioritise a uni with a good social scene. League tables, imo, shouldn't be taken into account that much given that some lower-ranked unis have excellent industry links. I went to a low ranked uni and ended up with a placement I am fairly certain I would not have gotten otherwise as it depended on a specific link one of my lecturers had with another country. It all depends on your personal preference, but here are some things to take into account:

- Do you want to do a year abroad/semester abroad/year in industry and which unis allow this
- Course/modules and whether they are interesting to you
- Accommodation

Take your time, if you are applying for 2021 you have the rest of 2020 to decide. Good luck
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Subject?
hekopc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Subject?
business and management
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
There is no 'better'. Its what course and Uni are best for you.
Everyone has different needs, comforts and academic interests. What one person consider 'best' wont necessarily be right for you.
Yes, its hard picking your 5 choices, but only you can do this, because its you that will be doing this degree course.

There are some useful things to think about in this article - in particular about making sure you read the detail about each course, and that you choose a range of grade requirements : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads