isabellazafe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I did the MYP but then moved to the UK and did GCSEs, I'm now moving to the middle east and will do IB diploma. I really want to get a job but I don't know if I will have enough time. Is it worth having a job or will it create too much stress? Also, any tips for IB will help
Thanks
RaviKiran30
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by isabellazafe)
I did the MYP but then moved to the UK and did GCSEs, I'm now moving to the middle east and will do IB diploma. I really want to get a job but I don't know if I will have enough time. Is it worth having a job or will it create too much stress? Also, any tips for IB will help
Thanks
I think you can try for some part time jobs initially in the first year before all the Internal Assessments kick in. However, you should really think how will that job benefit you as IBDP can be really demanding and will become challenging if you don't dedicate it enough time.

What Higher Level and Standard Level subjects are you taking.
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RaviKiran30)
I think you can try for some part time jobs initially in the first year before all the Internal Assessments kick in. However, you should really think how will that job benefit you as IBDP can be really demanding and will become challenging if you don't dedicate it enough time.

What Higher Level and Standard Level subjects are you taking.
the problem is I don't even know if i'm doing A-levels of Ib. I've done IB before and i thrived in that type of system but in A-levels i will have more free time. I think i will do higher level art, business but i can't decide between english or biology higher level. I will then to standard maths, ab intio spanish and then english or biology. I also don't know when i will study for the SATs cause i plan to study in the US
RaviKiran30
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by isabellazafe)
the problem is I don't even know if i'm doing A-levels of Ib. I've done IB before and i thrived in that type of system but in A-levels i will have more free time. I think i will do higher level art, business but i can't decide between english or biology higher level. I will then to standard maths, ab intio spanish and then english or biology. I also don't know when i will study for the SATs cause i plan to study in the US
I think definitely A-levels will leave you with more time to do a part time job when compared IB. Well, if you want to study SATs and you are doing IB try to drop the idea of part time job. However, this is only my opinion on how time consuming IB is, as i did IBDP myself.
isabellazafe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RaviKiran30)
I think definitely A-levels will leave you with more time to do a part time job when compared IB. Well, if you want to study SATs and you are doing IB try to drop the idea of part time job. However, this is only my opinion on how time consuming IB is, as i did IBDP myself.
ok thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (0)
0%
No (3)
100%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed