Failed Resit in Second Year? De Montfort University

Watch
vjthorpe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently studying Business Information Systems at De Montfort University, I am worried that I may have failed my IT service management module, or that the marks may sit in the 30% area. The resit submission was my first submission at all for this 100% coursework module, because at the original assignment due date I was suffering from high anxiety which has peaked and lasted a long while throughout this Covid-19 pandemic. It has started to get better since I've returned home from university. I've explained this to my module leader for reasons on the late submission. My first year I was able to progress with one math module in the 30% area using credits. I'm not sure how many credits I have left but in the worst case scenario, would I fail the entire year if I happen not to pass this module, despite passing all my others?
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi there, we would encourage you to contact you faculty to discuss the situation and your options. Your faculty details are:
FACULTY Marketing SAC Placements Opening Hours Location
ADH [email protected] 7394 3801 "Monday to Thursday, 9am-4.30pm
Friday, 9am-4pm" Arts Tower entrance/reception, Vijay Patel Building
or Main entrance, Clephan Building
BAL [email protected] 7243 8210 "During term: 8.50am-4.45pm
During vacation: 9am-4.45pm" Hugh Aston Building, through the café.

HLS [email protected] 7749 7716 Monday to Friday: 9am-4:30pm 0.4a, Gateway House

CEM [email protected] 8499 8345 "Monday to Thursday, 8.30am-4.30pm
Friday, 8.30am–4pm" Lower ground floor, Edith Murphy House

Graduate School Office [email protected] Monday to Friday, 9.30am-4.30pm 1.06, John Whitehead Building
SomeT
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vjthorpe)
I'm currently studying Business Information Systems at De Montfort University, I am worried that I may have failed my IT service management module, or that the marks may sit in the 30% area. The resit submission was my first submission at all for this 100% coursework module, because at the original assignment due date I was suffering from high anxiety which has peaked and lasted a long while throughout this Covid-19 pandemic. It has started to get better since I've returned home from university. I've explained this to my module leader for reasons on the late submission. My first year I was able to progress with one math module in the 30% area using credits. I'm not sure how many credits I have left but in the worst case scenario, would I fail the entire year if I happen not to pass this module, despite passing all my others?
From experience, if it is 30% score only in one to two modules they let you pass, as long as your course is not accredited and the module is not a must pass module, you get compensated credits usually. The best person to usually answer this is your course administrator, however in my experience they will never give a clear answer as ultimately you have to wait for your final results and they can never say official whether you will pass or not. I found out this year in a similar situation, they took a failed module I did last year (below 30%) added that to the one I did above 30% this year then averaged the two marks making the mark lower, I had no idea they were going to do that, so if you do end up resitting make sure you are clear how the regrading will work, luckily I still passed but it was a very thin line.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.91%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.3%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.64%
I need help with my personal statement (64)
42.38%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
23.84%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.99%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (12)
7.95%

Watched Threads