Incident with police car

Watch
Dinosaur27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Was driving home from shopping earlier and didn't realise my boot wasn't closed properly. I heard a lot of smashing and realised my grocery shopping had fallen out of the boot when driving up a steep hill. A police car was behind me and the shopping fell into the way of it. Panicking I drove off but now really wish I'd stopped. Should I be worried? It was only food shopping and not my vehicle which crashed into it so shouldn't be major consequences? Does also mean I left 2/3 bags worth of shopping all over the road.
CoolStarMoon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I don't think you should worry. It was an accident and since the police didn't do anything they should've realised that you didn't do it on purpose too. Other than littering the road you didn't do anything major.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dinosaur27)
Was driving home from shopping earlier and didn't realise my boot wasn't closed properly. I heard a lot of smashing and realised my grocery shopping had fallen out of the boot when driving up a steep hill. A police car was behind me and the shopping fell into the way of it. Panicking I drove off but now really wish I'd stopped. Should I be worried? It was only food shopping and not my vehicle which crashed into it so shouldn't be major consequences? Does also mean I left 2/3 bags worth of shopping all over the road.
Wh..why didn't you stop? I'd expect some sort of repercussion; you can't just chuck stuff over the road in front of a Police car and expect nothing to happen!
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd be expecting consequences.
M1llionz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why wouldn’t you stop? The police probably have better things to do but still..
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't get it.... your shopping fell out of your car and you just went "oh well, someone can just drive around it" and continued?

Because that's a lot what it sounds like to me.

Like you know that obstructs the road right? It's not safe...
Dinosaur27
Rep:
?
Like I said, it was an accident and I panicked and drove off quickly. The police didn't stop me at the time so should be ok, unless they took my reg number and will report me. There were no other witnesses.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dinosaur27)
Like I said, it was an accident and I panicked and drove off quickly. The police didn't stop me at the time so should be ok, unless they took my reg number and will report me. There were no other witnesses.
They were probably more concerned about your milk and eggs rolling around the road??

At least you weren't driving around splashing pedestrians this time!
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you have just provided some lucky rozzers with their supper
Dinosaur27
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
They were probably more concerned about your milk and eggs rolling around the road??

At least you weren't driving around splashing pedestrians this time!
Do you think I will be punished and banned from driving? Not keeping the boot secure could be considered dsngerous, right? I'm worried now. I've just started a new job which is 20 miles from home, so I need a car.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
...Why did you drive away? You’ve potentially made things so much more serious...
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There's a good chance they decided not to chase you at the time for safety reasons, if they had lit up their lights or came after you there's a v high chance you would panic and cause a bigger accident.

You'll be considered a dangerous idiot rather than a super criminal so they will likely be content to follow the matter up at a later time, they'll have your details. Police cars automatically scan cars around them so expecting them not to have your reg is a bit silly. Everything about how you acted is obv silly, and that's being nice.
Last edited by StriderHort; 4 weeks ago
Ramipril
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I shouldn't laugh but.... :rofl: what poor decision making
Max217
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
More likely the police then pulled over and cleaned up your mess tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (59)
26.58%
Less motivated (163)
73.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed