The Student Room Group

Portsmouth Uni

Hey, just wondering if there is anyone already studying or starting at Portsmouth Uni? I'm thinking of applying for a BSc in Adult Nursing for Septemeber 2021 but It's so hard to pick a uni when you can't go and visit cause of covid etc. I've done loads of research online and it looks like a good uni, but hard to tell without speaking to people already there. Any advice?
Original post by therealscript96
Hey, just wondering if there is anyone already studying or starting at Portsmouth Uni? I'm thinking of applying for a BSc in Adult Nursing for Septemeber 2021 but It's so hard to pick a uni when you can't go and visit cause of covid etc. I've done loads of research online and it looks like a good uni, but hard to tell without speaking to people already there. Any advice?

Hi!

I'm a third year student now at Portsmouth. I found that all of the student services were really helpful, whether it be personal or academic. Also, there's a whole career service that you can book appointments with to help you after uni. The student union are really active and there's always social events going on in the year, the big one being Varsity. Its on the seafront so a walk down there can be really relaxing if you ever feel stressed and the city offers loads to do. All of the uni buildings are no more than a 10 minute walk from each other and to shops, like Gunwharf. Gunwharf offers a student shopping night too where they reduce their stuff even further for students. Nightclubs and bars are also no more than a 10 minute walk from university buildings, including halls. Overall, the university is very helpful and all you have to do is ask and also full of sociable people.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions do ask.
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

I'm a third year student now at Portsmouth. I found that all of the student services were really helpful, whether it be personal or academic. Also, there's a whole career service that you can book appointments with to help you after uni. The student union are really active and there's always social events going on in the year, the big one being Varsity. Its on the seafront so a walk down there can be really relaxing if you ever feel stressed and the city offers loads to do. All of the uni buildings are no more than a 10 minute walk from each other and to shops, like Gunwharf. Gunwharf offers a student shopping night too where they reduce their stuff even further for students. Nightclubs and bars are also no more than a 10 minute walk from university buildings, including halls. Overall, the university is very helpful and all you have to do is ask and also full of sociable people.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions do ask.
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Hey!

That's super helpful, thank you 😁 which building would nursing be in please? Also which halls would you recommend? Looking to make new mates and be close to everything. Happy with self catering but would prefer my own bathroom 😊
Original post by therealscript96
Hey!

That's super helpful, thank you 😁 which building would nursing be in please? Also which halls would you recommend? Looking to make new mates and be close to everything. Happy with self catering but would prefer my own bathroom 😊

Hiya! The majority of the learning will be in the Business centre where there are 12 university buildings. However because of the covid situation there will be a reduction in the face to face learning which may have an impact on what specific buildings will be used. I am a little biased but I loved living in Greetham Street. I felt very safe whilst living there and had everything that I needed. Greetham Street is part of the 'Unite Students' chain of properties which are all extremely similar in design, shape/size of room etc. I know Greetham Street is at the higher end of the price range so if that is an issue I would recommend any of the other Unite Student properties like Trafalgar, because they are all so similar. All of the self catered halls, except Bateson, have an en suite which I absolutely loved and was a selling point for me! Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions. Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending