The Student Room Group

Architecture without a maths GCSE

I was accepted into university to study architecture without a maths GCSE (the uni accepted me knowing this). I just wanted to ask will this affect my chances of getting a job in the future? Should I retake my GCSE on the side or would that be too stressful? Or should I defer my offer and resit the GCSE this year?
Original post by Ronseal_02
I was accepted into university to study architecture without a maths GCSE (the uni accepted me knowing this). I just wanted to ask will this affect my chances of getting a job in the future? Should I retake my GCSE on the side or would that be too stressful? Or should I defer my offer and resit the GCSE this year?

Hi, so I don't do architecture but I've just finished my undergrad and know lots of people at lots of different unis. As far as I know, all universities will offer some maths courses and help, usually through the library. So if you're struggling with that bit, there will be help available and you won't have to pay! If you're already in, there's no point resitting the GCSE in my opinion, but maybe could be worth going over the maths you're likely to use in your course? Sorry can't offer any specifics, but I think you'll be fine ☺️ just defo have a look at academic support from your library or similar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending