The Student Room Group

Haven’t heard back from potential employer regarding interview date/time

Hello,

I applied for a job in government about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday morning I received an invitation for an interview next week. I relied within two hours thanking them and saying I am available on the dates they suggested and asked what time would be suitable. I haven’t heard back since. In my experience people normally reply quite quickly within a couple of hours.

Is this length of time normal? I’m concerned as I’d love this job and was so surprised to get invited to an interview. I’m now worrying they might have sent the interview request by mistake.

Thanks for your advice!
Reply 1
Depending on how many they’re interviewing, they could be waiting for everyone to reply and declare their availability before allocating times.

If you haven’t heard by the end of the week, I would contact them on Friday morning just to chase it up before the weekend. Until then, just be patient.
Reply 2
Original post by Bexjw
Depending on how many they’re interviewing, they could be waiting for everyone to reply and declare their availability before allocating times.

If you haven’t heard by the end of the week, I would contact them on Friday morning just to chase it up before the weekend. Until then, just be patient.

Thank you for taking time to write some advice. You are probably right and I’ll just have to wait until the end of the week.
Send an email
Reply 4
Original post by ElizabethVic
Send an email

Any ideas on a polite way to word it?
In my experience with the civil service all interviews I have had you have to book a slot on their online portal rather than via email but could be different for your one
Reply 6
Original post by tommy988
In my experience with the civil service all interviews I have had you have to book a slot on their online portal rather than via email but could be different for your one

Thank you for your reply. It’s actually a government job rather than Civil Service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending