The Student Room Group

Computer Science at London HELP CLEARING DEADLINE CLOSING IN!!!!

Poll

Computer Science at London HELP CLEARING DEADLINE CLOSING IN!!!!

I'm going through clearing to apply Computer Science at a London Uni.
Out of all them, i have eliminated those that are quite far(2 hour+ by transport) and also courses that aren't in clearing anymore.
I have to choose from the following universities:
-University of Greenwich
-Goldsmiths
-City
-University Of East London
-Birbeck
-SOAS
-Westminister
(Maybe Brunnel, but takes 2 hours with transport but 1 hour with car, so far idk anyone from my group of freinds that are going there)
Any others suggestion would be appriciated,
Thanks, and please reply if u study there, or ur friends, just about anything
Reply 1
Also, forgot to mention.
I already have a place at Univerity Of Liverpool.
But i dont know if its worth to go all the way there just to study Computer Science, and increase my debt after Uni.
After in Computer Scieince, its all about the work u do, the grade u get in the end, the work expereince and dedication.
Even people without degrees can get technology jobs, even though its harder.
All i im saying is i wanna weigh up my options.
Brunel or City UoL
Reply 3
Original post by ibby68
Brunel or City UoL

May i ask why city?
Original post by JESANAKTER
May i ask why city?

Seems to be decent ranking wise but I’ve heard better things about Brunel. Personally, at this point in clearing I would make a choice based on convenience as with the universities you have listed, the level of teaching is likely to be similar. I would look stats such as graduate prospects and student satisfaction in your situation.
Liverpool is pretty good though. If you don’t mind the travelling I’d consider sticking with it.
Reply 6
Original post by ibby68
Liverpool is pretty good though. If you don’t mind the travelling I’d consider sticking with it.

Is it possible to transfer from Liverpool to Kings?
My other option is Queen mary
Original post by JESANAKTER
Is it possible to transfer from Liverpool to Kings?
My other option is Queen mary

Honestly, Im not sure about transfers, as universities have different policies. Your best bet is contacting kings directly or researching their transfer policy. As for Queen Mary, I would personally choose that over all the universities you have listed, apart from maybe Liverpool. Research both courses between Liverpool and Queen Mary and see which one you like best.
Reply 8
Original post by ibby68
Honestly, Im not sure about transfers, as universities have different policies. Your best bet is contacting kings directly or researching their transfer policy. As for Queen Mary, I would personally choose that over all the universities you have listed, apart from maybe Liverpool. Research both courses between Liverpool and Queen Mary and see which one you like best.

I missed Queen Mary by a grade, so i did not get in. But Liverpool accepted (requirements were higher than Queen Mary).
Thanks for that, Ill contact them.
Reply 9
If anyone else has any other ideas, please reply.
Thanks
Don't have much time
Can anyone sort out my problem of choosing right university for BSc Comp. Science, which is affordable also..
As brunel university is best option?
Original post by Mukhtiar shah
As brunel university is best option?

What did you end up doing lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending