This discussion is closed.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
example?
Uhm, how about because there are several local legends that say that mary magdeland came to france pregnant that her baby must be the child of Jesus.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
Uhm, how about because there are several local legends that say that mary magdeland came to france pregnant that her baby must be the child of Jesus.
so where's the proof the child couldnt have been?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
so where's the proof the child couldnt have been?
The bible.

Where's the proof that it was?............................ .......................?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The bible.

Where's the proof that it was?............................ .......................?
and since the bible is so reliable :rolleyes:
Sam2k
Rep:
?
and since the bible is so reliable :rolleyes:
Much more reliable than a few local myths.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Much more reliable than a few local myths.
Whats the defense for the noah's ark story then?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Whats the defense for the noah's ark story then?
What do you mean? Although there are similar local myths, Noah's arc is in the bible...
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What do you mean? Although there are similar local myths, Noah's arc is in the bible...
That there isnt enough water on earth for the entire world to be flooded.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
That there isnt enough water on earth for the entire world to be flooded.
It wasn't flooded by the existing water on earth. It was flooded by rain.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It wasn't flooded by the existing water on earth. It was flooded by rain.
water cycle...
Sam2k
Rep:
?
water cycle...
It's called lakes, oceans, under water aquaifers...
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's called lakes, oceans, under water aquaifers...
isnt that what i just said? There isnt enough water on earth, with all those things included, to flood the entire earth.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
isnt that what i just said? There isnt enough water on earth, with all those things included, to flood the entire earth.
Just like there's not enough water in the indian ocean to flood half of Asia?

I assure you that there is enough water. At the time the earth just wasn't flooded by the existing water.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just like there's not enough water in the indian ocean to flood half of Asia?

I assure you that there is enough water. At the time the earth just wasn't flooded by the existing water.
Scientific tests have proven there isnt enough. Such a huge deluge of water would have left traces of such an event deep down in the soil. Numerous digs have taken place, and no such evidence has been found. So where did all this water come from then?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Scientific tests have proven there isnt enough. Such a huge deluge of water would have left traces of such an event deep down in the soil. Numerous digs have taken place, and no such evidence has been found. So where did all this water come from then?
It came from the atmosphere. The atmosphere was supersaturated with wator vapor aditionally this blocked out harmfull radiation and caused people to live hundreds of years.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It came from the atmosphere. The atmosphere was supersaturated with wator vapor aditionally this blocked out harmfull radiation and caused people to live hundreds of years.
nice evasion of the point about the soil
rutera
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
I don't think Brown makes much effort to keep the line between fact and fiction as clear as he could.
But why should he have to? No one is expected to believe what Brown writes, whether he himslef believes it or not is irrelevant. He has the liberty of the author, which he uses very well, to blur fact and fiction which makes his writing good. Anyway, anyone smart enough to read all of the Da Vinci Code and be genuinely interested by it should be smart enough to know that the reader isn't supposed to take the novel too seriously and if they do so, they would investigate a bit more and come to their own conclusions about the validity of Brown's ideas.
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The atmosphere was supersaturated with wator vapor aditionally this blocked out harmfull radiation and caused people to live hundreds of years.
Please don't tell me you actually BELIEVE this?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm sure it blocked out disease, famine, murder and all the other ways of death. They claim Noah was around 400 years old when HE built the ark. A 400 year old man building an ark? I highly doubt it.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
I'm sure it blocked out disease, famine, murder and all the other ways of death. They claim Noah was around 400 years old when HE built the ark. A 400 year old man building an ark? I highly doubt it.
If you think about it, there wouldn't have been many diseases back then. Most diseases that are known to man have come from animals. And we know this because scientists have seen it happen in recent years. And if you think about the optimal conditions that existed famine wasn't likely. And we have no indication that they were highly murderous people.

Please don't tell me you actually BELIEVE this?
It only makes sense. Why do people die at an early age? Medical scientists have found after years of research that people die because or enviromental hazards, disease, famine, ect. Without environmental hazards and disease people would live much longer. Life expectancy has been increased by 30-50 years by advances in medicine and sanitation alone.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise