The Student Room Group

Which one is better ?? in terms of job prospectus at the end

1. Going to northumbria (for law) from clearing
or
2.Do a course with college for a year and then apply for my dream uni again which is Leeds (still for law)
Leeds. Party on, and be at a much much better university.
Reply 2
What course would you plan to do? Resit your A Levels or something else?

Either way, definitely Leeds. It’s a far better uni than Northumbria, and a reputable place to get a degree for Law. An extra year in your life won’t hurt, and it’ll fly by.
Reply 3
Original post by Arisapo

Either way, definitely Leeds. It’s a far better uni than Northumbria, and a reputable place to get a degree for Law. An extra year in your life won’t hurt, and it’ll fly by.

still something related to law or business
and yeahhh thats okay ?? because I am already a year behind because I had to do access to a levels which was for a year and then I was able to do a levels, so then I would technically be 2 years behind, is that still okay ( would be 20 then next year if I apllied )
Reply 4
Original post by vickkyyxx
still something related to law or business
and yeahhh thats okay ?? because I am already a year behind because I had to do access to a levels which was for a year and then I was able to do a levels, so then I would technically be 2 years behind, is that still okay ( would be 20 then next year if I apllied )

I don’t think it should be a problem as long as your grades are competitive enough for Leeds and you get the 3 As/contextual offer they ask for.

Starting uni at 20/21 is no big deal at all; there are plenty of people who start even later than that.
Reply 5
Would Leeds accept an application AAB (all facilitating subjects) with A* in epq already achieved? or would I need to apply with AAA and wait to be made the reduced offer?
Reply 6
These grades have been achieved. I know that Leeds admission requirements are AAA but they openly state this will be reduced to AAB with an A in the epq. They actually made that offer to us this year and daughter exceeded this in her epq (unfortunately it wasn’t her firm or insurance choice), I was just wondering if anyone knew if you could apply with this already achieved or if you must meet the AAA to apply. It would seem obvious that an application with the standard offer should be accepted but recent events are making me doubt everything, just seeking some reassurance from someone who has applied with grades already achieved. And yes, I’ll email them. Thanks
Original post by MissAQA
These grades have been achieved. I know that Leeds admission requirements are AAA but they openly state this will be reduced to AAB with an A in the epq. They actually made that offer to us this year and daughter exceeded this in her epq (unfortunately it wasn’t her firm or insurance choice), I was just wondering if anyone knew if you could apply with this already achieved or if you must meet the AAA to apply. It would seem obvious that an application with the standard offer should be accepted but recent events are making me doubt everything, just seeking some reassurance from someone who has applied with grades already achieved. And yes, I’ll email them. Thanks

I think if you apply with achieved grades unis are likely to be a bit more flexible than if the grades are merely predicted. My son applied to several AAB RG unis with achieved grades of ABB and got offers from all of them. I expect your daughter would find the same but as always, check with the uni if in doubt and have a back up plan.
Original post by MissAQA

Just having AAA doesn’t guarantee you an offer by the way - there are other factors they consider

Re. Applying with AAB it’s worth a shot, and they may accept you with those grades especially as you have the EPQ. Have you thought about retaking the B just in case?
Reply 9
That's reassuring to hear, thanks!

We currently have about 5 plans taking into account every 'if, what and maybe'...its exhausting!!

I will fire some emails off in the morning
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Just having AAA doesn’t guarantee you an offer by the way - there are other factors they consider

Re. Applying with AAB it’s worth a shot, and they may accept you with those grades especially as you have the EPQ. Have you thought about retaking the B just in case?

Yes we have, but this is her weakest subject - by far. She hit a wall with it towards the end and feels if she completed a resit it could go up but at the moment she is too worried that it may go down.

She is contemplating sitting a new A level over the next year to try and achieve the 3rd A. This raises problems too, as some uni's wont count exams gained at different sittings :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Original post by Arisapo

No I am planning on doing access to HE, is that still okay ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending