Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whao i wash my hands every 30 minutes. its a must do thing. is it just me or has anybody else got a bad habit other than "chewing nails"

ReputationRep:
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I'm like that with my hands too. I also have a bad habit of ripping bits of hair out =/

ReputationRep:
    my hair falls out anyway........

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=IHavePMS]Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

sorry what does that mean??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
    sorry what does that mean??

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Either obsessions or compulsions:

Obsessions as defined by (1), (2), (3), and (4):

1. recurrent and persistent thoughts, impulses, or images that are experienced, at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and inappropriate and that cause marked anxiety or distress

2. the thoughts, impulses, or images are not simply excessive worries about real-life problems

3. the person attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, impulses, or images, or to neutralize them with some other thought or action

4. the person recognizes that the obsessional thoughts, impulses, or images are a product of his or her own mind (not imposed from without as in thought insertion)

Compulsions as defined by (1) and (2):

1. repetitive behaviors (e.g., hand washing, ordering, checking) or mental acts (e.g., praying, counting, repeating words silently) that the person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession, or according to rules that must be applied rigidly

2. the behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or preventing some dreaded event or situation; however, these behaviors or mental acts either are not connected in a realistic way with what they are designed to neutralize or prevent or are clearly excessive

At some point during the course of the disorder, the person has recognized that the obsessions or compulsions are excessive or unreasonable. Note: This does not apply to children.

The obsessions or compulsions cause marked distress, are time consuming (take more than 1 hour a day), or significantly interfere with the person's normal routine, occupational (or academic) functioning, or usual social activities or relationships.

If the individual has an additional disorder, the content of the obsessions or compulsions is not restricted to it.

The disturbance is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or a general medical condition.

ReputationRep:
    i bite my nails! so bloody anoying, ive stopped now........................err kinda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    whao i wash my hands every 30 minutes. its a must do thing. is it just me or has anybody else got a bad habit other than "chewing nails"
    that sounds like OCD to me.

I have a thing with switches. I can't allow the red bit to showing, it annoys me and it's even more annoying when one switch is red and the other is off, i have to have them both switched off or it looks untidy (unless there is a plug in it)

ReputationRep:
    I tend to do/look at things 3 times...I have to...perhaps something to do with that fact that my fav no. is 3

Haha, I just thought of that friends episode where Joey works at Ross's museum and that guy says 'i need to turn the switch off the lights this many times otherwise my family will die' lol funny :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    I have to have my room completely neat/tidy before I go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely wash my hands in a day, only if I get some stuff on it which is visible or I can "feel" etc. dont think I have anything else which Im picky about..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    I actually have to shower at least 3 times a day or I feel dirty

ReputationRep:
    Blimey. I want one.

(an obsession)

ReputationRep:
    You guys are freaks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    every 30 minute???? omg :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I wash my hands whenever necessary, but I hate soap products in public places because they're too harsh and dry my hands up I don't think I have any bad habits.

ReputationRep:
    I get like that with brushing my teeth.... i'm weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    You guys are freaks.
    Excuse me, I think showering is very important!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    i cant stop Cracking my knuckles i do EVERY 5 MIN. i cant STOP!!!

ReputationRep:
    My knuckles wont crack lol!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Mine either

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.